Strategy to go full-time?

From my own personal experiences and observations: I would say out of legit wc businesses 1/10 will last longer than 5 years.

If you take a gander through some old threads, look at the posters profile and look up his business - there is a good chance they are no longer in business.

I think most people get into the business with a vision of having multiple trucks and managing the business and their employees. They start out saying hey gotta start somewhere so il be a solo operator for the first year and learn the trade. I think people get stuck in that rut and lose track of their initial vision or it becomes unobtainable for some reason or another.

Most people can hack it out as a solo operator and become somewhat successful.

I think people these days get that entrepreneurial spark and stumble on window cleaning. Its easy to see how it appeals to someone with an entrepreneurial drive and a small bank account.

So please take some time to consider your decision! Making your own money and being your own boss and making your first sale is very thrilling and exciting but don’t be blindfolded by it. The same feelings are felt by every entrepreneur in every industry.

5 Likes