Tempered glass geek in the house

Hi Gary.

Good to see you here…hell hath frozen over yet again.

Glad to be here.
What do you think about this new tempered glass scratch growth thing?

[MENTION=1]Chris[/MENTION]
If it’s OK, I’m gonna take GPD to the office area - I think it’s more of a company policy thing.

Totally cool

I think the scratch growth pics are quite revealing. It could explain a lot of scenarios whereas a blade was not used and glass could be scratched with other methods once previously thought not to be able to scratch glass. Scratches once not visible to the naked eye…can become visible over time.

I was just thinking the same thing :wink:

This is very interesting stuff, kinda scary as well…

I shudder to think how many window cleaners have been accused, fired or sued for tempered glass scratches everyone [I]thought[/I] they should have seen right away.

Now that you think about - that ever happen to anyone here?
I know a guy who (successfully) defended himself on a $120,000 claim - I remember him saying he would have seen the scratches and stopped, but it was rainy that day.

Very interesting. Please keep up posted on anything else you find. Your knowledge is priceless!

Gary Mauer on WCR? Wouzer mouzer, who’s next, Sörbo Samuelsson?? Welcome Gary!

Welcome Gary love your network and am a member. all the info you share about FD

Welcome Gary! [MENTION=14804]Gary Mauer[/MENTION]

I don’t know why I am reminded of an Eagles album, lol :rolleyes:

I was shocked when I found out Sorbo is a first name it should be more like a last name. Anywho I’m glad to have your expertise here on the forum Gary. I’ve been thinking that there should be more regulations in place to protect the window cleaner from greedy manufacturers taking short cuts and contractors hiring inexperienced labor.

can you define ‘greedy’ please? :slight_smile: (what’s your perspective)

An average politician lawyer or doctor… Is this gonna become the next criticize my opinion thread?

I’m not sure how asking for your perspective equals criticism.

Thank you, I will.

Spread the word on tempered glass scratch growth if you get a chance.
We’re a good 15 years behind the glass industry on that - we need to get our industry up to speed ASAP.

This makes me wonder…has anyone ever done test samples on known bad tempered glass using all the non scratch methods…before and after pics over time under microscope to see if anything developes?