Tempering furnace roller cleaning machine

I was kind of asking who shares my belief in being honest about where the problem is.

There’s no excess fabricating debris problem with uncoated glass, unless it’s the roller side of poor quality tempered glass - right?

When you say window cleaners should “understand their product and avoid causing the scratches” - you believe in telling window cleaners where fabricating debris could be a problem, right?

When you’re telling clients what “could happen” - you believe in telling them where it “could happen”, right?

This is not a trick question.

I believe that had to do with low-e coatings, they had to turn the “good” sides of the glass inside the unit so they had a smooth surface for the low-e

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Maybe you don’t believe there were and are fabricators producing tempered glass with a roller side that can be scraped?

You have some valid points. I was a glazer from 1995-2013. I can speak from experiences with tempered glass. the quality was good until the last 10 or 12 years. The quality is so bad now that I can see the fab debree with the correct lighting. We had issues with this many times and had to replace panes.

I have made a decision to never do construction cleans again. My highest profit margin is window tinting. construction cleans are out. I hate them anyway.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Glaziers and window makers shouldn’t stand for getting stuck with tempered glass that has a poor quality roller side, loaded with defects.

All I know is that I’m sick of running into FD and having to explain this to the customer who is looking at me like a deer in headlights. In one ear and out the other, all they know is clean or not clean… and if you “can’t” clean it, then in their eyes it lands on you.

Anyways, with a competent window cleaner (which I’m sure all of us HERE, are) they should be able to spot FD before ruining the glass. At worst, paint is left on the glass but everything else is removable without a blade, or 30 minutes a window…

Again, all comes down to cost… a customer isn’t going to be willing to pay what it will cost to remove construction debris without a blade. Saves a headache anyways.

You sound like a guy who tried to tell a few customers why scratches were showing up on glass, and gave up.
(Only on the roller side of poor quality tempered glass?)

What are you telling them now?

Nothing?