Terry Cloth Bath towel for detailing

I left him a bad review and asked for a refund. We’ll see. Pack me in your suitcase?

If You don’t, he’s just going to rook more folks out of money.

So leaving a bad nasty review is doing a good thing? Haha

1 Like

Pretty much. Do you think your customers wouldn’t if you were the type to pull that kind of stuff?

Okay. Okay.

I’ll come down on my once in a lifetime opportunity to own that last of the last, the one and the only, true, natural, plush scrim for all your terry towel needs.

Hurry, hurry, hurry. Step right up. $75.99 plus s/h, taxes, fees, and other charges.
Call 555-555-5555 CALL NOW!!!

2 Likes

thing almost looks like burlap to me.

1 Like

i reckon that somebody has had the idea to pass off burlap as professional window cleaners scrim. making a big markup in the process. However they wont be getting the repeat sales,which will be the downfall of the get rich quick idea
Here in the UK in the cities theres some big window cleaner operations who you never see on the net. they have been going donkeys years with crews -no doubt theyll be buying scrim by the palletload and that will be fuelling the fire of proper scrim production. My guess is that theres a dedicated scrim factory someplace ,maybe in Germany

3 Likes

Thought for the day
Unger just discontinued making my brass quick release handles, and my scrim. They also discontinued my green BOAB awhile back. The green BOAB is smaller and better for small traditional handles and channels than the over sized NINJA one.

I get it. They’re in business to make a profit and have to discontinue products that nobody seems to be buying. I guess that makes me a nobody. Thanks Unger. :skull_and_crossbones:

Thought for the day conclusion.
If you use scrim … UNGER thinks you’re a nobody!

1 Like

Used the cheap scrim today. Not as good as Unger scrim but it’s OK.

My opening post was about using terry cloth towels for detailing the windows. Maybe it’s time to try that idea out.

2 Likes

Hey, someone that bought these junk scrims, do you still have the label? Amazon returns is asking for the barcode. I threw them away. If you could please post a pic of it I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

Nice. Did someone say rerurns?

I still have mine for sale guys!

was messing around last night with some new channels I bought. cleaning the windows at my house. didn’t grab anything to detail the glass. had one of my tshirts right there laying on the floor. I said what the hell and used it and it actually worked nicely. I was surprised. I even went back later to the windows I were cleaning to see if it left anything NOPE

I’ve never heard anyone say rerurns.

1 Like

I’m slow. What can I say

1 Like

dee dee dee?

We use cotton towels sometimes, and it works great.
Except they get damp faster then scrim or microfibre.

2 Likes

I bought two after I sent you that link. At first I thought I had been had too.

I could be wrong, but isn’t Unger scrim ‘Pre-Washed’?

The scrim we bought on Amazon isn’t pre-washed, that’s why we had to boil it. Scrim is made of a natural fiber and boiling it shrinks it, which tightens the weave. I’m not defending this guys product or me suggesting it.
I bought two and boiled them for thirty minutes. Let them air dry and then washed them in the washing machine and with a cup of vinegar and let them air dry…I did this four times because they shed like crazy the first couple of washes. The weave did tighten up…though I have to agree they do seem a little thin.

I used my two new scrims all last week and they worked just as good as the scrims I’ve had in the past. I’ll be washing them tomorrow, I suspect the weave will tighten a little more, too.

Even though the scrim I bought from Amazon seems a little thinner than I remember…I’m feeling less like I got ripped off.

I went to a fabric store today and bought some heavy weight muslin fabric…it is a 100% cotton. I want to see how well it works compared to the scrim. When I was a Tech Director in Theatre we used to use muslin all the time and I know I’m probably going to have to wash the muslin about twenty times before it finally stops shrinking and gets supple enough.