The perfect window cleaning business

anytime

1 Like

the perfect business is the one that all you have to do is roll out of bed and see yet another direct deposit went into your account and then get on with your day that has nothing to do with business, every day

oh wait, thatā€™s the perfect pipedream business lol

3 Likes

Weā€™re getting closer to this model, except Britt will finally be handling the phone and back-office work this year. Itā€™s been a struggle to let go of some control and take the time to get her up to speed, but I know sheā€™ll do a better job than I was.

So accounting for having some help from a spouse, this is what my ideal business looks like:

3.5-4 days/week of cherry picked jobs, with occasional 5 day weeks during spring and fall. I like the idea of having one awesome money-making 9-10 hour day each week, and the rest being easier 5-7 hour days.
Small snow removal route to force us outdoors a bit. No storefronts, so no windows to do during winter.

• Grunt (me) doing 95% solo in the field, with a mix of 50% windows, 40% power washing, 10% gutter cleaning or other odd add-ons.
  • Mastermind (wife) doing 2-3 hours per workday on customer relations and book keeping.

Realistic gross income for our situation and planned schedule will probably land somewhere around $90k, and with some optimizing that should net us around $70k. Thatā€™s a fairly comfortable living for a family of 2 in our area, with plenty of headroom for savings and eventually upgrading housing if we decide to move.

8 Likes

Currently working on my perfect business model with success. 1 week a month on storefront work, with some bi monthly clients here or there. And the rest residential. Where Iā€™m from, thereā€™s a huge concentration of very rich people who have big summer or winter homes and theyā€™re willing to pay a lot. 3-6 hours of work a day

My perfect business model would support my life goals. My wife wants to start snowbirding(we live in Alaska), so I am thinking of selling my business once my pensions arrive in less than two years. My business offers multiple services (janitorial for stable revenue, WC, carpet cleaning, floor waxing, tile cleaning). Then I would start a dedicated WC business.

While snow birding I will still work, maybe exporting my business to the snow bird state or as a seasonal employee. I get bored if I donā€™t work.