To buy new or recycled huck towells

Thats the question. 100 of them used for 73.00 or 120.00 for new?

I used to get the used ones… then I had some with blood stains. Never
bought another one used again. It creeped me out too much

Have only bought the recycled kind and have never had any problems

from WCR??

I think you’re wrong either way.

reclaimedSurgical Towels | Window Cleaning Supplies, Tools, Equipment, Products

Buy 108 for $55.74. That’s what I have always bought, and they always have been great!

I had picked up some at a local rag store a few years ago, at the time 10 lbs (around 70 towels) cost $20.00, the last I looked the price (from the same company) was about $34/35 for the same amount for 10 lbs. They had lower standards for sorting so you would find stained/or ones with the hole cut in the middle. I think WCR has a higher standard with sorting. I have looked online and you can find what looks like a lower cost on 3bay etc… then they tack on $30.00 to ship charge.

No.

I bought some used from a company in Detroit. When I finaly got the lint out they looked like screens, I use them as crap rags outside.
I bought new from US Rag and Towel or something on sale and they are so nice you could swadle newborn puppies with them.
I got them in yellow and tell my resi customers when they ask that they are the special inside towels. (And they are!) They will never touch a bird crapped sill.
If you don’t tell them why you do what you do to get their windows clean they won’t know.
Market yourself.
Dale

[COLOR=#333333]I bought some used from a company in Detroit. When I finaly got the lint out they looked like screens, I use them as crap rags outside.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]I bought new from US Rag and Towel or something on sale and they are so nice you could swadle newborn puppies with them.[/COLOR]

I have a bunch of used ones that are so flimsy they barely absorb anything. Since I have switched to scrim, I
haven’t looked back. What’s so great about the scrim is that since it’s made of linen it dries super quick.

I couldn’t agree with you more Jesse. I only use the blues to wipe up the knarly junk outside. Inside especialy upscale resi with all the expensive acutraments, I feel safer with a smaller towel, and of course they ask about the yellow towels and I tell them.
Please excuse the spelling, I’m having a rough day.
Dale

one scrim can last a long time compared to a surgical or micro fiber towel. They get wet a lot quicker.

I also use scrim,but latly it has been leaving marks when i detail, the last 5 times i washed it,i dryed it in the dryer,was that a mistake?

I used scrim when I lived in the UK. But I prefer huck. And my understanding is that used towels are towels that have been reclaimed from medical or veterinarian facilities, used perhaps only one time. My suppliers have always done a great job of washing the blood out. So the “creepy factor” was never a problem.

I prefer the used ones, but the last batch I got seemed pretty new. Newer hucks have to be washed and dried several times to get them lint free. Someone gave me a box, a few years ago. They’re heavy almost like denim. Don’t like them at all.

Green ones…

OK, Im going with the new green ones. Thanks.

Green ones are gross.

Why Michael? Blue one suck.

I was just kidding. I’ve never used green, and blue works well enough for my guys. If I was cleaning windows by myself every day, I would have all the nicest stuff… but we probably lose 15 towels a month.

I bought a few dozen new hucks from Harbor Freight when i first started the biz. Used mostly t-shirt rags til about halfway through my first season, then switched to microfibers. Tossed all the hucks and t-shirt rags in the trash a few weeks ago. They were in a bag under my back seat for backup, eventualy they were just taking up space lol