To Post or Not to Post Your Prices?

good point, it no doubt can be affected by how the site is laid out as well

there’s an additional contact point with no price and a phone call, but that could be solved with a video or something

best deal and pricing listed do not have to go hand in hand, listing a price does not have to be the lowest price around

this was good feedback, thanks for sharing, it seems to me to involve a lot more on the site development and layout than may meet the eye. marketing funnel etc

[MENTION=6146]Provost Services[/MENTION]: Chad how did you come up with your formula for outside vs in/out minimum? I’m getting more and more customers on monthly plans, but I’m talking like 30 min. to 3hrs on these houses, so I’d probably get slapped to the next block if I posted a $270 minimum for an outside only that took me 30 minutes. And . . . what are the demographics of your clientele in Youngsville?

Is the client paying you for your time or clean windows? - Which one are you selling?

Every job is different so I don’t post prices

You know your market better than I do. Every market is different. If you normally make $125 an hour. Maybe make that your minimum. Kevin Dubrosky and I came up with my minimum pricing. My clients range in age from 30 - 84. Married, single, widowed. All of them have disposable income. I don’t have any specific demographic info that I can give you.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I would never post prices because then I wouldn’t be able to add on the random markups for when a customer seems like they’re going to be really high maintenance. I don’t mind a high maintenance customer, but I do want them to pay for the extra time they require.

Hard to say. I would have to look at my schedule. As long as I am off by lunch…I am happy!

I am always willing to drop the lowest paying and not very easy to communicate with clients for the high paying friendly ones.

What about one high paying shitty one for a few low paying friendly ones?

What would you rather have? A fast nickel or a slow dime? Depends how shitty they are. Yeah if it’s high enough I’ll do it. If they’re shitty enough I won’t.

What’s greater, a slow dime or two fast nickels?

lemme guess, this is your third beer? Gotta love the forum at night… :wink:

Silly willy after 9?

Aw man!:frowning:
In all fairness, he “edited” on me.

Point was, neither is greater, but there was no pains in the ass, in my scenario.

“Context” dude…

Slow dimes all the way… Slow and steady wins the race!

Ah, I see now. Was starting to look like some kind of word-play duel…

We like to go back and forth… It’s healthy…

I think I might post this on my website as a pricing strategy!

I have created a minimum and started telling clients at the outset, but have not put it on my website (that needs MUCH work and love this winter).
I don’t get why folks in this thread keep saying that you can’t adjust for PITB issues, build up, paint or hard water, etc. Your minimum is the bottom you charge and from there you can add all you want.