Tool Talk with Mark the Window Cleaner #15 UngerGloves

[CENTER]
//youtu.be/cpRafq_5D2s

[SIZE=5][B]Unger Gloves Available here![/B][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

Good information Mark!!!

I agree with your review 100% Mark. Below -10c (10 - 15f), I also switch to Alaska gloves. You can’t detail with them but are easy to slip on and off. They are also durable. The pair I have now are 4-5 yrs old.
I also agree about the velcro strap. 1st thing I do with a new pair is cut the strap off!

Great job Mark! I will be talking about gloves and boots in an upcoming show. I’ve used the Unger gloves and found the biggest thing I hated was how sweaty my hands get in them.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Mark,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Great review! I use the Aleutian Gloves. Are they the same thing as the Ungers? They have the green strap which I also remove right away. I use them to secure the hose on my WFP set up, because I do not run it up the inside of the pole. I rarely clean below 20 degrees Fahrenheit and your right, my gloves are good to about that temperature.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Tony,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hey Tony I thought all gloves made the hands, sweat. What would you suggest?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks, Mark!

I was thinking of gloves this week – it’s been cold, and we even have more snow today.

Liners made of material that wicks?

Once I get going through my day I find I generate a lot of internal heat so I can usually get by with the Unger around late morning/early afternoon.

First thing in the morning tho I gotta use the Alaska Gloves.

I know you guys are gonna think I am trying to be funny.

Wrong.

I have a friend who is a drummer. He sweats a lot on his hands and used to drop the sticks (insert joke here)

He found some lotion that prevents the sweat glands from…sweating.

so if you are a drummer who cleans windows that drops his sticks…

badumbump.

Ding, ding, ding! Give that man the Cupie doll.

Hehe, cupie doll.

Nice Mark!

Nice review. I like those thick gloves you have, they look warm

What? No Uncle Phil bobblehead?

Now that’s a marketing campaign waiting to happen. A complete line of WCR action figures and bobble heads. Uncle Phil, Sanchez, Chris, Alex, Mark, and of course a Mister Squeegee snow globe.:wink:

What about the frogs?

They’re in the snow globe silly.:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m good with neoprenes down to the low 20’s. If you get a size larger than normal you can fit liners inside when you need to. I’ve found that you need to be careful not to get the gloves pinched between pole sections when you’re closing them. Then you get holes and then you suffer. I gave my son my pair of Alaska Gloves. I couldn’t get a feel for what I was doing with them on.

:slight_smile:

That is what I do as well. I buy a couple of pair that are the right size and then a few that are larger. I use polypropylene/capileran/or silk liners. Small form fitting gloves then put on the other larger waterproof ones.

With a liner, you always get at least another -10 out of them. The moister wickers are the very best, but really anything will do as well. In the military, we always wore a form fitting knitted or poly glove then the winter gloves over top. So if you need the dexterity, you take off the outers and the inners work wonders.

My left hand was crushed in a steel door years ago, so even on moderately cold days, I am either putting it in my pocket or wearing gloves. Like Tony said recently in his vid it is all about the layers.

Same as with boots. But … remember never put a non porous material next to your skin or you Will get frostburn and might loose toes and fingers. A trick is to line the bottom of your boots with Aluminum foil then put the insert back in over top and wear two pairs of socks. Voila instantly added -10-15 to your boots. But not next to the sock or blackness will take you foot or fingers.