Trailer mounted WFP

I have the same Wells Cargo trailer with my tank (60gal) up front with no issues (5 years). These short trailers don’t have a suspended axle and they pull much better when the tank is full. If the trailer isn’t weighted they bounce a lot and will sway some. The actual tongue weight is probably only 350 lbs with a full tank, well under the trailer rating.

H&H Trailer

Never bottomed out on a dip?

Frank, send me an email, I do have a couple pics which could be helpful to send

[email protected]

Jeff

Never, but it’s only an 8 foot trailer with a torsion axle and 15" tires. Fully loaded I’m probably at 1600# max and the trailer is rated at 2200# GVWR. If I had the 480lbs of water directly over the axle, it might bottom out.

2 Likes

Yes, residential mostly. Box truck can hold everything needed for window cleaning, pressure washing, roof washing and gutter cleaning and still have room to spare. It’s has the same foot print as my extended cargo van but can hold way more.

I dont think gas is too bad on it but I’ve never really checked the mpg. It gets filled up every 5-7 days. I live in a pretty urban area so we don’t have to travel far per day.

Dropping the 125 gallon holding tank in trailer and switching to a much smaller 35 gallon.

As I got to use trailer this season I found the 125 gallon tank wasn’t that useful.

What was useful is a smaller tank that could quickly be used when pulling up to small jobs and not needing to access water source each time.

Example is a complex with 10, 3 story entries that the small tank was very useful to drive up and take pole to entry, load up and do it again.

Used simple pump in box to draw water out of container.

4 Likes