Training New Guys

When they are ready. Every new cleaner progresses at their own pace. There is only 1 way to become proficient at cleaning windows…clean hundreds of them.

I know they are ready when we show up on site and they “run the job.” They lay out who will do what, where and how and I just have to follow instructions.

My workers pay is connected to how well / fast the pick up the trade. They have incentive. But I would put their qulality ahead of speed. Make sure they do is fast but bad. But up their pay when they hit certain marks such as mastering the squeegee, pole work, ladder work. But I think 3 months to learn the basics is reasonable. Longer to be very very good.

May I take a moment to recommend Window Cleaning Techniques by the Glass Wizard. The new one he just made a few years ago.

Some people just aren’t cut out to be a window cleaner. It isn’t as easy as most people think it is! Not everybody can do it because it’s not easy.

Thats a good video. When they are more capable the Advanced window cleaning techniques video is a step up!

Mike…Howdy

How have you been ! Say who is the Glass Wizard ? Where do you purchase his video ?

Be safe Mike…

Dange

All the window cleaning supply houses should have it. Joel Andrews is his real name. He’s a great teacher in my opinion. Other guys show some stuff he doesn’t mention but he’s the best communicator in my opinion. The advanced section is good for beginners. I think it could teach a business owner how to teach window cleaner. I bet some of us are great at washing windows but can’t teach very well.

“The student has not failed to learn. The teacher has failed to teach.” my Dad

Excellent point Mike… Excellent ! Wisdom at a true high level !

Dange

my newest employee has been with me for 8 weeks, nowhere near as fast as I am.But I dont expect him to be, yet. But I’m more concerned with quality right now.