Treating Employees to more than a pay check

We normally have breakfast and snack stuff, as well as drinks for our employees. It equates to just a few dollars a day, but really seems to have helped with energy and productivity.

While no substitute for fair pay, it helps make employees feel they are valued above and beyond.

I know this is an old post but I’m currently an administrative assistant for a company, been here like 7 months now.

Boss has bought me lunch a number of times like 3-4 times. Got a $100 gift card around the holiday season. Overall he’s just easy to work with and this is why I love my job and go above and beyond.

I usually invite my guys and their significant others over for a BBQ with high end meats and fine Scotch a few times a year. At the moment, that is illegal in New Jersey.

Now, the know I am working tirelessly to keep them paid. They are hungry for work, and we are booking SOME stuff, but we are in the red. i’m pulling every string possible to keep our heads above water and keep them off the couch.

They are appreciative of that.

1 Like

Why is that illegal? Considered some sort of bribery or something?

No gathering of 2 or more people during the “Stay at Home” order in NJ. The cops are actively looking for parties and issuing fines and possible jail sentences.