Underbid a buffet. How risky is it too go back and give the right bid?

No kidding - $4 per window is a pipe dream for the majority of restaurants.

Personally, when there are cut ups or tons of glass, I try to estimate by my time. Going by the window can generate unreasonable prices. I think that is why estimates are so challenging when one is new.

1 Like

Admittedly I do mostly residential and a few storefronts, and mostly get my price. $2.00 in/out on 70 something windows ($1.00 per side) isn’t interesting to me. Myself and a helper next week are doing interior of a two story office, tons of glass, $1,669 that I do 1 to 2 times a year. That gets me excited.

2 Likes

Sounds exciting! I’d be the same way if I was primarily into residential. Honestly, if a person is focused on residential, he has to take a pay cut to do an odd restaurant or shop here and here. Not worth it.

So each time you do it it’s 200.00. An it’s 400.00 a month total ?

A good fair price would be between 150-225 a wash can’t give you excact without seeing
An a place like that ya have to be fair if you want to keep it.

@Majestic66 Yes for every 2 weeks. Every week would be even better.

Every two weeks or twice a month? Two totally different schedules. Learn a four week calendar. I schedule every two weeks or every four weeks.

I do not schedule monthly. If someone wants every month they get every four weeks.

4 Likes

Love my Flexibility , so 1x , or 2x a month for me :+1:

Man! Those are some clean frames! And windows :wink:

I’ve got a few accounts who are adamant about calendar months. With that in mind I remind new customers that every 4 weeks will be 13 times a year and every 2 weeks will be thrice monthly usually 4 times a year.

4 Likes

Last week it was 40 degrees. So I did all the monthly jobs last week. This week it’s 20 wiTh wind chill. I pushed last week am got for them all done
Every monthly job I have is set up as 1 x a month not every 4 weeks , as a matter of fact even when I worked for guys nobody had a strict every 4th week It was always 1x a month
Which means you could do it any week you want just don’t get stupid with it. Meaning don’t do it the 4th week then do it the 1st or even the 2nd week of the month

I just like it that way better ! that way I could be flexible with my calendar.

Now next month if it’s nice In the 2nd week I’ll do all the monthlies then, If not I’ll wait for the 3rd week. I could even let it got to the 4th week if need be.

Right now it’s all about the weather, then when busy season comes I have flexibility with the way the calls start coming in , An I start setting up the calendar for residential.
Nobody has ever giving me a hard time about it, so for me the xtra Cleaning per year just not worht it. I’ll do an xtra house :sunglasses:
I can see where it’s advantagous if you jace guys working for you. If your solo flexibility is king.

Just checking to see if you had the chance to follow up on this bid @Jonathan31. If you did what was the outcome?

1 Like

@wcs yes I did thanks for asking. They haven’t had a chance to discuss it yet. I have beem off work all week and bid a ton. Got a small Krispy kreme every two weeks. Other stores such as burger king and zaxbys seem promising. I also have a gym that I know needs a cleaner and I bid them 300. I need 800 a month to go too 3 days a week at my day job. That is my goal. I need weekly accounts.

That’s great Jonathan keep up the hard work. You will get to the point where you want to be soon.

Keep us updated on your progress

2 Likes

Yes. Props Jonathan. You are getting more great experience than you know. Vince Lombardi said,“Practice doesn’t make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.” Hang in there, it’s gonna happen.