Understanding WFP use on houses

The more I think of it, I come to one conclusion: our clients have never heard of a wfp until we did it on their windows. I have no idea what that really says about the market here, given there are a few window cleaners in town and a few more 45 minutes down the road.

1 Like

I have had one customer since 2017 that questioned the use and ability of my WFP setup. After I explained the how and why of the system I then said “I will redo the windows traditional if it doesn’t come as clean as I claim”. Problem solved, customer was happy.

I may not be able to do it anyway, looks like our TDS is about 300 on average, so using straight resin would be too costly.

Rain capture. ‘Nuff said :wink:

1 Like

How many houses per week? DI isn’t necessarily more costly in your scenario.

1 Like

@dcbrock I use 250’ of flexzilla hose with an 3/8" id for decreased resistance and 50’ of a different air hose with 1/4" id to run up the pole. Previous to that I used 340’ of Xero hose, but I wanted more flow as I thought it may rinse better and make my hot water heater run better. (I feel like it did both these) I now run around 1 gallon a minute, but as others have said on most homes you can run a di tank from a spigot and through 300’ of hose no problem. The general rule (hopefully this hasn’t already been stated) is I belive for each foot of vertical rise you need one PSI, so most homes have around 60 psi, so that will get you to 60 ft. You can buy a pressure gage at home depot, lowes, or im sure online that will screw onto a spigot and tell you the pressure easily.

I made an ‘executive decision’ and got the Xero Micro and a basic DI tank. Looking forward to this new window cleaning chapter!

2 Likes

Brock, not sure if you ever saw my original xB setup. I had a small on-board tank and hose reel, as well as space for all my traditional window cleaning supplies. Might be able to set something like that up in your van, eventually? I’d go with a square tank for space savings, though.

Late to the game, but I run an old (obsolete?) RHG 3-stage Carbon-RO-DI water cart. Pump died this spring. Even still, I have about 200’ of Xero hose, and as long as I’m on city water, tap pressure is generally sufficient. I don’t know if it would be feasible to add another 100’, though. But, I can do basically everything except the ultra huge million dollar houses from the truck. On a handful of jobs, I just move the cart a couple times and off I go.

If it’s rural water pressure, though, it can be an issue without a pump.

Is that the H2Pro?

No. I bought it in 2011. It’s RHG and uses their 21” cartridges. It has an electric pump. I see that Tucker maybe bought RHG? They have something that looks comparable, but it’s not exactly the same.

Reverse that and you got it.

1 Like