Unger pole

[COLOR=#506373][FONT=Verdana]I purchased an extra #5 & #4 section. I cut the # 4 section down to a 2 foot piece. I took the short #4 piece and slide into the bottom of the #5 piece. Of course I had to cut some of the handle on the #5 off to create a hole. I secured #4 section piece with a few small screws and some glue. [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#506373][FONT=Verdana]Now I have a #5 piece with a one foot #4 piece coming out of the bottom.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#506373][FONT=Verdana]It goes together like a sim-pole.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#506373][FONT=Verdana]I thought this is great I can use it as a 35 ft WFP. The only problem is it is way to flexible for me, but it works and it will reach. I believe I could make more pieces.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#506373][FONT=Verdana]Does this make sense? Do you need a picture?[/FONT][/COLOR]

This calls for a camera & a trip to the workshop :wink:

I’m working on it. This is going to take my computer, camera, internet skills to the next level. :eek:

It can be done without cutting any sections, I think the number 5 section is turned round. Can’t remember, I don’t use the pole very often.

Some pics would help

Ok…

Unger OptiLoc 30’ pole is a 3 section pole weighing 5 lbs

Unger Tele-Plus 3 section (only 18’) weighs in at a little over 3 lbs

Unger Tele-Plus 5 section 30’ weighs in at a little over 6 lbs

Thanks, Alex.

Thats what I’m here for fellas.

I’m thinking on getting an Unger pole, and probably get the WFP conversion kit sold at WCR, or use the adapter they sell to use with the brush and gooseneck that came with my xtel 17’ WFP.

WIll be used sporadically for now until I improve my technique and the weather gets better.
For those hard to reach residential windows, or maybe some commercial 3rd floor.

Which one should I get ?

Hey Carlos

With that part I showed you this morning:

http://shop.windowcleaner.com/product.sc?categoryId=93&productId=340

You could put that on the end of any unger pole then screw the Angle goose neck from your extel into that.

As for your pole… Thats kinda up to you. I can tell you our 100% best seller is the

[URL=“http://shop.windowcleaner.com/product.sc?categoryId=123&productId=491”]
Unger Tele-Plus 5 section 30’ weighs in at a little over 6 lbs

This is also the pole all of our commercial trucks carry EVERY single day

Good luck and we are here if you have more questions.

Thank you Chris, got your reply early this morning.
I don’t know what I was thiking last night when I sent you the message.
I wasn’t even sure of what I wanted, it shows I guess :slight_smile:

Shipping on that pole and some other small stuff will me make feel like “freshly raped” or is not a lot more than the regular shipping charges ?

Thanks for being there.
Carlos

Carlos I will prepare an exact shipping quote on a pole and a small box for you first thing tomm. UPS always charges more for pole shaped containers.

You will have the quote waiting in your email when you wake up tomm.

(unless you get up at some ridiculous early hour) :wink:

Thanks Chris.
Also, in the same subject, but different lenghts, which route should I take to adapt my vikan to a shorter pole ( 4 or 6 ft) to allow me to work more comfortably on lower level windows? Is there a quick way to adapt ANY pole, most of them with ACME thread, to be used as WFP ? I’ve noticed that the adapter you guys sell was designed mostly as a replacement of the Unger’s tips, since I don’t think there’s thread on the “hollow” end, where the clip retainer fits, right ? Correct me please if I’m wrong.

You are correct.