Updated pricing of storefronts

If your employees have to travel further to certain stores, wouldn’t you reflect that in your pricing?

This is a double double edged sword
The farther you travel the less profit.
( gas & time)
And there will be others closer who may will charge less to do the job
We factor in travel for rezzy, but find it hard to do the same with storefronts
Pax

I usually take the stance I posed when I have nothing close to a further-away service request. If it’s a fairly large job I would consider giving it a try at a moderate price and see if I can get some more jobs nearby. I’ve done that before, and if unsuccessful eventually explained why I need to discontinue service. Don’t like doing that, but reality is reality.

I do it a lot but the furthest point in my town is maybe 10 mile so maybe 10min away!! (for store fronts)

Ha! That would be a dream to me.
I go 50 or more miles to some of my route work.

Thats rough!

Theres two way of looking at that Dan the next closest city with any population is approx 82 miles a way from me
so for me to grow storefronts…i would need to go that distance to start!

On the other hand I can stay local and live with what i got and grow in other services.

Yep! I personally think that Huey Lewis is valueless to music history, but he did say “Ain’t no living in a perfect world”

82 miles to the next town? Do you live in Alaska?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Here’s a view from a plane of the area i live in.:

We might as well live in Alaska…are winters seem to be as harsh sometimes! :rolleyes:

Thank You for the download really helps out and you all made it very simple to understand. Gotta Love WCR forum board!

I re-read my post and realized why it was so difficult to understand. The first part of my comment was unclear about $ minimum charge which was backing your marketing, or something of the sort.

-What I was trying to say: the minimum charge for cleaning a store front window job was located on your marketing material, therefore it covered you far as traveling, bidding, wrong decision making, your valuable time.

Ok, off to bed its late. And if this post is unclear cause I know it could be 2am, lol do not think so, but still… haha. Just forget about it, ERASE from memory.

Just wanted to share on my progress. I have been charging $4 for each window I/O and I have been averaging about $55/ hr. I’d say that I am right where I need to be. My per hour will only go up as I get faster at cleaning.

Is that your 1x per month price. $4

That would be on a quarterly. Just started doing biz 3weeks ago. Do you have any thoughts or canters to that pricing?

Yes, I was just talking to a friend of mine about this the other day he wont even do a storefront if they wont go on some kind of monthly schedule. For me if there only goin to be using me on a quartley basis I would charge them between 7-10 a plate in/out depending on how bad it is 10 would be if there where a lot of scraping to do . $4 dollars to me is a good 1x per month price in/out in a highly competive market though . Just today a dance studio guy came out an ask me to do his outside (he wont go on a monthly service) 6 plates I told him $25 he said go ahead do it. If he said that’s to high I would of said ok just call me if you change your mind. I always tell them go on a monthy service I can do it a lot cheaper per wash plus your windows will always be clean.

One more thing If there asking for quarterly give them a monthly price also. For storefront work you want to be cleaning them monthly an your price for quarterly needs to be higher

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.

Good post Mike.

Being new this thread is a great place to start…
Appreciate everyones contributions…
BizPro

What’s the pricing in Maryland? Do you have to charge sales tax?

Yes, I like the post

Sent from my VS980 4G using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

More like $6 per plate, outside only. $20 minimum. It gets cheaper, the more glass there is. But small stores with 3-5 windows are going to be $20-30 for the outside. Otherwise, have a nice day!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource