Use the Machine Now?

Did a house today that had bad water stains tried one restore, CC550.</SPAN>

Did not touch it!!</SPAN>

Is this where a machine could work? </SPAN>

Or is this glass too far gone?

He man, I would try white vinegar and fine steel wool normally works ok! make sure to keep the glass wet!

Even wetting with your soaped up applicator and using the steel wool works as well!

I have done windows like that using the above methods and the glass has come up really well!

cheers james

I have had many sitution where they did not touch it.
The stains have set in to different degrees over different periods of time.
Eventually I believe they etch the glass.

there is no water spot situation where CC550 won’t work. The only time when CC550 is not useful is when there is a coating on the glass that can be damaged or it’s on the tin side of the glass.

CC550 works by eating through or dissolving the glass. That’s why it removes water spots. You can use it even with the tin side of the glass if its a strong enough concentration of acid. If it’s strong enough it will eat through the tin and the glass will be clear.

Did you dilute the CC550? Maybe you did not let it sit on the glass long enough? It will work if you let it sit for a while and use it full strength.

As long as the CC550 is not etching it’s going to be much faster than using a low speed polishing machine.

Ah the old vinegar solution. I use to use vinegar as well as a starting point because it’s not harmful and can be effective a lot of times. Vinegar works because it is acidic, but it is a milder acid so it will not always remove the water spots which is where harsher acids come in to play. Thsts why some guys use it in their solution, to help remove mild water spots. Good call James:)

I don’t think your 100% correct with that, with cc550 it depends on the type of minerals that make up the tds of the water hitting the windows, I don’t remember which mineral it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Glass Renu system is guaranteed to work in this situation.

What about the J Flint, Mr. Hardwater machine?

You said it dissolves the glass. I do not think that is true.
Does anyone know for sure? I think it works sometimes. IF the stuff has been on too long,
I think it is etched.

All float glass is 72-75% silica. The Hydrofluoric acid in CC550 will dissolve silica that’s why it is the only acid that will remove silicate water spots on glass, because it dissolves it. If the water spots are magnesium or calcium then CC550 is over kill but will still remove it because it will dissolve the glass.

The dwell time harming the glass is a myth. The only thing that will cause a haze on the glass is if the acid reacts with the tun side of the glass. If it is not the tin side then it will only continue to dissolve the glass. Because CC550 contains a lower concentration of Hydrofluoric acid it does not dissolve the glass at a high rate of speed. Using it in the direct sun will not have negative effects either. That is another myth.

Merv,

Here’s a webpage that explains it:

Hydrofluoric acid dissolves glass. - Science World

It’s for kids but I think it does a good job of explaining it.

That was good John. I think that was a little more Merv’s speed. LOL. Only kidding Merv. I just could not resist. The best resource I have found for water spot removal is Dan Fields Hard Water Spot Removal DVD. Its breaks it all down. Dan is one of the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to using cleaning chemicals for all surfaces.

Many times I read explanations written for kids so I understand them better.
Merv, I hope you didn’t take it as an insult, lol.

[SIZE=3]You may be right this could of happened. [SIZE=4]Underlined

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

you can use the Jflint product as a less expensive way. it works great.

This is amazing:

Read this from Powerlabs:

[TABLE=“width: 0”]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][COLOR=#FFFFFF] Hydrofluoric Acid is quite possibly the most dangerous chemical deal with in PowerLabs. Spilling 70% HF over 2% of the body area will very easily result in death the acid destroys tissue, decalcifies bone, and poisons the nervous system. Spills as small as 100mL have resulted in death, despite amputation of the exposed limb and immediate treatment with calcium gluconate; the small molecular size of the acid makes it penetrate skin and fat very quickly, and once it is in the blood it will act as a poison. The high concentration acid also outgases pure HF extensively, and inhalation of as much as a single lungfull of that gas will result in almost certain death by pulmonary edema. To make things worst, HF can also eat through most gloves.
Although very dangerous, HF acid finds a variety of uses in Industry, from the vital etching of semiconductors to make microchips to chemical analysis for SiO[SUB]2[/SUB] to frosting glass, cleaning metals and much more… PowerLabs acquired a bottle of HF to remove the label on a large plasma globe. Although I never got around to it, some interesting uses were found for the chemical as far as its properties in dissolving glass go. Glass is usually thought of as being chemically indestructible (a glass bottle will remain in a landfill for thousands of years), so it is quite impressive to see how it can vanish in a matter of seconds when immersed in this powerful acid.[/COLOR][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 900”] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
[TD][COLOR=#FFFFFF] Hydrofluoric Acid is quite possibly the most dangerous chemical deal with in PowerLabs. Spilling 70% HF over 2% of the body area will very easily result in death the acid destroys tissue, decalcifies bone, and poisons the nervous system. Spills as small as 100mL have resulted in death, despite amputation of the exposed limb and immediate treatment with calcium gluconate; the small molecular size of the acid makes it penetrate skin and fat very quickly, and once it is in the blood it will act as a poison. The high concentration acid also outgases pure HF extensively, and inhalation of as much as a single lungfull of that gas will result in almost certain death by pulmonary edema. To make things worst, HF can also eat through most gloves.
Although very dangerous, HF acid finds a variety of uses in Industry, from the vital etching of semiconductors to make microchips to chemical analysis for SiO[SUB]2[/SUB] to frosting glass, cleaning metals and much more… PowerLabs acquired a bottle of HF to remove the label on a large plasma globe. Although I never got around to it, some interesting uses were found for the chemical as far as its properties in dissolving glass go. Glass is usually thought of as being chemically indestructible (a glass bottle will remain in a landfill for thousands of years), so it is quite impressive to see how it can vanish in a matter of seconds when immersed in this powerful acid.[/COLOR][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 900”][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“width: 900”] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Read the Powerlabs article on hydroflouric acid.
I don’t know how to get it in here.

PowerLabs HydroFluoric Acid Demo

You are young now but you are going to get old. Over time those things that are hazards are
going to build up on you. In the past many children have died from eating lead paint. Many plumbers have died
from using asbestos.

This is no joke. It is reality. Time passes or takes you out early.

We need to know what we are doing. When you are young you think you are going to live forever. It is not
going to happen. You want to make a living…good…I understand. You would also like your life to mean
something. We are not dogs. We are men.

It don’t matter if the cc550 was diluted or not, he would have seen at least a little bit of it lighten up.

AND, there are some cases where the glass renu system wont work either. I have proof of that. I still have the building that has these stains, that the stuff wouldn’t work on and a scratch removal system was sent out that way and it didn’t touch it.

Now before you all go hulk on me, this is the only building I have where this didn’t work.

Yes, cc550 dissolves glass blah blah blah, but the concentration of acid in it ain’t enough. If that were the case, then it wouldn’t matter what side is the tin side cuz I’d simply put more acid on it til I burned past the tin.

If chem don’t take it off, they have a CHANCE that scratch removal system will take it off but you can’t guarantee it- they may have to simply replace it.

Don’t loose sleep over it man. They should have take better care of it. It ain’t YOUR fault.

Tory