Waterfed Pole Idea

I’m like you, Bob, which is the whole reason this thread exists. ;D Hope it works out for you!

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about.
Go buy one. lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though I would like to go to one of the conventions and get a hands on feel for a few I am interested in before I make a purchase. Least I can do if they are going to the trouble of setting up those displays. Looks like fun in the videos too.

actually yes i have.

ive built classic cars
designed floor and roof systems
helped build buildings
build floors and install flooring
built wood desks for my homeschooled children
worked with and installed epoxy floors
acid stained concrete
eat off of a concrete table i acid stained then epoxied w clear epoxy

all art all with my own hands

starting violin lessons tomorrow

no offense read you past posts about not buying boab so sounded more cheap then artistic my bad

Yes it does, and yes that was definitely more cheap than artistic. I just cannot justify paying $50 to $100 for a small plastic bucket. I’ll have my spill-less prototype ready soon, and no it is not a potato chip container. It will look funky, and I am sure it will attract haters since it will go against the grain, but that is okay.

Nice list of accomplishments. You should easily relate to those of us who enjoy tinkering.

1 Like

I love art, I write music, I tinker a bit with electronics, I do some basic programming, I write poetry, I read books, I turned a Nintendo 64 into a portable gaming system, and I was also homeschooled from 8th grade, @squeegeemike ! :grin: I love tinkering and trying new things, and I love clean windows! I also don’t like spending money, so I hear where all y’all are coming from, haha! We all have a right to be cheap, let’s just not criticize. :slight_smile: So glad I found a community of others like me!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m studying to be a computer animator. :wink:

1 Like

yes i like tinkering but ive also learned some have spent a whole lot of time building and manufacturing products and theyve done the leg work and produced something very workable.

at times we improve on their designs by making mods too fit our style or personality. we do that with some equipment but not all. ive learned i can save time and money on being selective on what i want too build.

thanks i do enjoy working with my hands. and really love art. my dream will be too also build customer wood/concrete tables high end $10k and up stuff. but need more tools lol

again no offense was intended

2 Likes

Interesting. Do you program in BASIC or some other language(s)?

No worries. I try not to be offended. That is on the recipient and their emotions, and has nothing to do with the deliverer, whether there was an intention or not. A religious fanatic may get offended if I say “Hello” because it has the word “hell” in it. I know that sounds ridiculous, but the point is that offense can be taken in any statement if the receiver of the message chooses to take offense. It has nothing to do with the intentions of the speaker. Just like they can ignore an intentional insult and not take offense if they choose. There is no offensive language in freedom of speech, just emotionally immature listeners. Anyway, rant about offensive language finished, :hugs:

1 Like

Actually, I started learning python and Java script at one point, I went through a html, css, course, (those aren’t programming, I know) but what I actually do is make games on a website called scratch. It allows you to program using drag and drop bricks, so I may have been bending the truth a bit to say I’m a programmer as I’ve barely dabbled, never learned Basic. :slight_smile:

Okay, now you’ve gone too far. The nerve of some people. I’M SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW!!! OFFENDED!!! ;D

1 Like

(In case this is not understood, Bob never said such a thing, although he would certainly be right if he did)

Heehee! I’m so evil! :wink:

Programming is a never ending learning process, because there is so much to learn, and so many languages advance so fast it is hard to keep up. Some experts say that beginners should not learn BASIC first, but should rather dive into C++ or something. I remind them that the B in BASIC stands for Beginners. I think BASIC is a good place to start to understand programming principles use din all languages. Modern versions of BASIC pre-compile like other languages and are more powerful and faster than the old versions of BASIC that compiled at runtime. You already have enough on your plate, but if you did want to learn to program games in BASIC then I recommend AppGameKit (AGK) as it has 2 tiers. Tier 1 is BASIC and Tier 2 is C++. Either way it is designed so that you can code once and deploy to numerous platforms.

1 Like

Thanks man! I’ll check it out!

lol
Right!

1 Like

:expressionless:

The tank is mounted directly to the frame with two 3.5" steel mounting straps made specifically for use with this tank. You can see one of them in the photo along the top of the tank. It is so solid that if you grab the strap and shake it you move the whole van, but the tank doesn’t budge. The tanks I’ve seen that are “secured” by nylon ratchet straps, are not likely to stay in place in the event of a high-speed wreck. If my van is ever rolled, I’m convinced that the tank will be hanging upside-down, still mounted to the frame.

9 Likes

whistles

That’s it!..You are now THE MAN. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice mounting job Tony!

I see and have seen hundreds of tank setup that are a disaster waiting to happen.

Nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks. I have a friend who can build anything. I showed him what I wanted and he built it.

2 Likes

thanks!

You do know that is false, right?
Con trails = condensation trails.
Chem trails = false claim of chemicals dumped in the atmosphere. :slight_smile: