Waterfed pole set up

Well, this property did have the landscaping from hell, which is mostly why I would have declined the job if I hadn’t just purchased my WFP setup.
I just got in from an estimated 4 hour job that actually took 5 hours.

Two 3rd floor windows on the side I could not access with ladder or pole because a big Oak tree was growing up against the house. Home owner was cool with that. So was I. :wink:

Big windows across the back I actually had to jimmy my ladder up in the small trees and lean it against foliage and eventually the wall under the window. Then climb half way up my extension ladder with the WFP where I could poke myself and pole up out of the foliage to gain access to the large windows. Everything seemed good until…OXIDIZED FRAMES! When I climbed back down, untangled my pole and hose from the tree and stepped back to look at how good it looked - “milk” was running down the glass! CRAP! So readjust the ladder, climb up through the tree again and traditional the crap out that sucker. Now it looked good and the customer was impressed with my ladder placement and how good the window looked. (Yea, buddy, the price will get a boost if I come back, for sure).

Anyway, for the windows that were easier access came out nice. Really surprisingly nice for a rookie WFPer. :slight_smile:

There were a few bits of trouble getting this job done with any sort of ease, but that is totally because the customer did not get my approval of landscape placement before jungle-ing the place up!

In a few weeks I have another large home with tall 2nd story windows and minimal landscape issues if any that I am anxious to use the WFP setup on. I have done this one before with my ladders with minimum issues, so WFP should be a dream.

With TDS of 188 I know is a tad high for a DI unit, but for the amount of use I foresee in the near future it is still cheaper than diving into a Xero right now.

The Tucker brush did an amazing job; the Tucker 35 wasn’t bad to handle once I got away from the jungle; the Unger Hydropower worked flawlessly; I have nothing good to say about the Unger High-Flo Control - at least on this job from hell!

I suspect myself and the equipment will perform better as I “practice” more.

2 Likes

I[quote=“Garry, post:41, topic:44845”]
Well, this property did have the landscaping from hell,
[/quote]

Hence why the WFP is a must have. Let’s face it. As Window cleaners we all can use ladders. If there was never any landscape obstacles I would of probably never even looked into getting into the WFP game
Oh wait cut ups no matter what you will love your WFP for cut-ups.

1 Like

That’s correct Garry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you ever want to hit me for suggestions I’d be happy to help. You can email me at [email protected] Or Vox me on Voxer! Voxer

3 Likes

Thanks Alex, I appreciate that.
My setup is Tucker 35 w/12" brush, Doodlebug pad holder with brass wool pad, 100’ of Xero hose on a cheapo cable reel from Home Depot, Unger Hi-flo On/Off (didn’t care for), Unger Hydropower.
This will work well for me I believe until I can swing purchasing the Xero Pure as I know I will find more and more opportunity to use the WFP. That is why I bought this because I have run into several times where water fed would make the job so much easier. It is an expensive investment that puts me on jobs I sometimes decline.

3 Likes

This is why I got my first wfp , I was declining jobs because I couldn’t get to maybe 1,2 or 3 windows . Now that’s not an issue anymore . You’re going to love your wfp , it’s going to make some of your repeat clients so much easier.

4 Likes

This was some of what I had to deal with.
a1
a2

2 Likes

I scheduled this job for my WFP in two weeks. Another one I would have declined if not for the pole. I will have to stand on a low wall next to the deep pool to reach up to the windows. No way could I have set my ladder in the pool and climbed up traditional. Hope it goes well. I expect it to be a bear of a job.

how far back is that wall from those windows? looks like a very wide area may be tough to control and put a lot of stress on your pole.

Actually the circle on the right should be closer to the house as the pool takes a jog following the wall of the house. You can kind of see through the trees where the wall is in from where I circled. The pool is a standard width. When I was standing in the back yard next to the pool it looked like a decent angle to allow the weight of the brush and pole to rest on the windows. I didn’t get the impression that a lot of stress would be needed and would probably stand out about that far even without the pool.

1 Like

I just want to say - Josh suggested I get the 100’ hose to go with my water fed pole setup - and I am so glad that I did. It is plain to see life would have sucked without it. Thanks for the prod, Josh.

Oh yea, and WFP day is arm day, just saying. :wink:

5 Likes