Wear your gloves!

Just a reminder to everyone out there braving the elements to wear those waterproof gloves when dealing with freezing temperatures. Obviously you want to keep your hands as warm and dry as you can in the winter but sometimes we get lazy and say oh it’s just a few windows I don’t want to bother with the gloves. The important thing to remember is that stuff that keeps your water from freezing is not something you want drink. That’s obvious right. But it will soak into your skin pretty quickly and will get into your system just the same.

PROOF:

Was told by a friend in the medical field that these solid lines across your finger nails indicate you are being poisoned!
NOT WORTH IT!

//youtu.be/B_smJ7mSHJs

I wear black surgical gloves all year long to protect my hands. I only wear the regular Glacier or Unger style gloves when it’s really cold out, below 22*.

Wow those look good. Are they really as good as the video makes them out to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Below 30 glacier gloves that’s the only time Windshield washer fluid is In my water .

I do wanna get those black gloves they would be great for power washing also. Going to order now as soon as I find the website. I think you threw it up somewhere. Yes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

I get mine from Towel by Dr. Joe. Not sure if mine are that rugged but two pair last me a day doing storefronts.

Yes I mentioned it on another thread.

Mike, which exactly gloves you using? Latex or non latex?
Thanks

The Black Panther (nitrile industrial gloves).

Black panthers on the rise agian!!!
Fists up!!!
Peace

** Belief Systems Are Fragile Things. How Will You React When Your Reality Suddenly Ceases To Exist?
Cleaning Windows is Just MyJob, Not My Life…
~ Pompous Basterd

Yes… they are manly gloves, with attitude.

shoot… a few small lines here

As I sit on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck…( vehicle has a mystery illness)
How often does one change gloves?
Every stop?
Sometimes I have 20 stops a day…
( but probly not today… :frowning: )
Thanks

** Belief Systems Are Fragile Things. How Will You React When Your Reality Suddenly Ceases To Exist?
~ Pompous Basterd

They look they are the same as venom gloves at lowes. The only problem I have is my hands sweat inside the gloves BADLY. To the point that my skin prunes up on me because there is so much moisture in there. Do you guys run into the same problem?

In the summer I take them off from time to time to give my hands a break. In the winter I only take them off if I’m driving. I do 90% storefronts. I only run through 4 to 6 gloves a day. If you think sweat is gross this idea isn’t right for you. I keep a few in my pocket so I have a replacement glove handy when they break.

I’m not saying its gross, just that my hands prune up to the point that it looks like they are degrading. All white and wet and nasty, even in the coldest of weather. Was doing it when I was shoveling roofs and working on ice dams because our gloves were getting soaked

I think some guys sweat more than others.

Do you think some powder in the glove would help? Or would it just cake up and get nasty

Sounds like to big of a hassle and NASTY.

Well we are back on the road.
The vehicles illness was diagnosed as:
Gageacusmalfunctionus
I.e.:
Broken gas gauge.
Nothing a gallon of gas couldn’t fix.
Gotta keep my eye on the odometer till the 6 month checkup rolls around :slight_smile:
I think the best for me is to pick up a small pack of black panthers and see if they will work for me .
Thanks for the info!!!
Peace!!!

~ Pompous Basterd

I was just watching Polzn Bladz new Liquidator video filmed by Lee Burbidge. He wears garden gloves when he cleans windows. They breathe, so I may try them this summer.

Wich ones you looking at?
The green ones with a pic of a bunny holding a hoe on them? :slight_smile:
But a interesting thought.
If they are semi water resistant they just may do the job!!
Now I gotta go look for the bunnie!!
Peace

~ Pompous Basterd