Weather & Snow

It’s my 2nd winter on glass, and we’ve been getting a lot of snow in Colorado. I have some savings, but only really to cover a few weeks. It’s been a couple weeks, and today was supposed to be nice, and it’s ripping 80mph winds.

This is getting really frustrating…

How is everyone else fairing?

It’s cloudy in Albuquerque. Had to wear my hoodie.

2 Likes

Sorry, winter can be tough that’s for sure. Watch the weather and get the work done when it’s “warm” enough. That can mean 5 degree windchill some days but get as much done as you can when the weather permits.
We used to stop work at 15 degrees windchill… years ago but had to make the money anyway lol
So these days my employees are out in some pretty cold weather but they do like to get their checks :smiley:

2 Likes

Ha!! Not even right Jared… not even right lol

1 Like

Yeah. It’s been doing this sort of thing a good bit…

Last week, it was almost every day.

I’m used to working with consistent pay indoors, so when I can’t get work done, I start to panic. I don’t like that feeling at all.

:see_no_evil: ouch! Hang in there!

1 Like

Thanks 202. Calling janitorial companies and maids for indoor office work, but I think today is a wash…

Sometimes you have to brave the cold, if your customer are still up for it…

You can do the interior work on the harsh days.

2 Likes

Just hang in there, trust me I know it tough when the saving dwindles.

1 Like

I know the feeling well. I was able to put enough aside this year though, so no stress.

1 Like

We’re over in Longmont taking care of our dealerships. Thankfully the wind hasn’t been brutal over here… yet

1 Like

Lots of windshield washer fluid (methyl hydrate)… I found out the other day I simply cant clean windows in the shade when it’s 7-deg F outside (no idea on wind chill), so I had to go back today and do it. This time I was ready with 10 gal. of the washer fluid.

Sucks because: it doesn’t behave like water and easy to leave lines (something to do with the interaction with the slip), and my scrim freezes after a while so I get to detail with a sheet of Ice…

1 Like

I have a bunch of west facing work; gave it a try and my solution flew 12’ up to the uppers, so It’s a wash today. Gravel is chipping up my ride sitting in the parking lot. It’s supposed to calm down in the afternoon I hear.

you should make a vid, your weather sounds epic

1 Like

Are you interested in carpet cleaning or floor resurfacing?
That keeps me going in the off season. The equipment is expensive but I have a friend who rented carpet cleaning equipment for several years.

1 Like

People always ask us what we do in the winter.

6 Likes