Website Video

Good call.

My bad.

i was thinking of adding video to my site as well…but wasn’t too sure how well it would work…im glad someone brought up the subject.

Why is there so much dissension about adding video or not? People trust people they see, and if they see your face, how you dress, how you speak, perhaps doing actual jobs, they will see you have a pleasant personality. You are pleasant, professional, you do customers in their area etc.

People put a lot of trust to what they can see. Why do many people not call the yellow pages? One reason may be that they don’t trust these companies, they don’t know what type of people these cleaners will be, if they will be taken advantage or whatever. A lot of times people know that they can look up window cleaners in the yellow pages. But they don’t. I know that there are other reasons why people don’t use the yellow pages, but that’s one of them.

Having a video makes customers comfortable, especially if you are going to be in their home. It conveys a thousand words about you. And may motivate them to pick up the phone and call you. Why so much controversy, aren’t television commercials enticing for people? They use video too, and they are hugely successful.

I’m sure as well in canvassing people get a lot of jobs because they can see your face, they trust what they see. A lot of the decisions people make about window cleaners are about feelings they have about a person, gut feelings, which ultimately come from their eyes and ears. Thus people can make those decisions by seeing your face, and hearing your voice

So what’s the big deal about adding video? I don’t understand.

Mike

For some people, even just seeing a video of a window getting professionally cleaned (a good before and after) would be enough to seal the deal. Of course, if they are on your web site to begin with, they are already halfway there already.

It’s new/different for those making a decision. It’s human nature to be unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep
Why is there so much dissension about adding video or not?

So what’s the big deal about adding video? I don’t understand.

My only concern about a video posted on a web page is this. In this day and age, where people already have shorter attention spans, seeing a video window along side text; which wins their attention? More than likely they will click the play button so I guess your video sales pitch will have to be as affective or better than the text version because I doubt they’ll have time for both.

Good point about attention spans. Remember whatever marketing you try K.I.S.S.

What were we talking about again?

We were talking?:confused:

thats why on my site and in my fliers i always opt for pictures of me actually cleaning the windows, there is usually a picture of me dressed for work as well. Even the residential estimate sheet i leave wit ha customer has my picture on it, and often the homeowner is surprised and happy to see that its actually me who shows up to do the work.

Very Smart, Crazy Man.

Incorporating personality into print media, too.

VERY smart, indeed.