What color are you?

I have been reading lately about the psychology of color as it pertains to marketing. I notice that a lot of companies use blue and white. Light blue in my mind represents safety, optimism, freshness, hope and peace. White = purity, cleanliness. To me, the perfect colors of a cleaning company.

However other colors have great qualities. Red is a call to action. Darker blues = trust, dependability.

I noticed Kevin Dubroski’s company Swiss & Sennhauser uses a liberal amount of black. I’ve always liked marketing with a lot of black accented by bold colors. Black = sophistication, intelligence & strength. This, no doubt, is aimed at the ultra-high end demographic. BMW, Lexus and others use a lot of black.

I think Fish uses red to stand out from the pack, to make themselves unique.

What are your guy’s thoughts on color?

your right, BUT, proper layout and design is equally important. I have seen many web sites that look like a kid put them together, very sloppy, uneven layout, terrible grammar (yes I know my grammar is terrible, LOL) and no focus on anything.

Some with so many colors it gave me a headache trying to read them.

If you doubt your site building and advertising skills, spend your money on a web site builder who has a good reputation and it will payoff big time.

Color needs to work well across all media utilized (print, web, letterhead, clothing, etc.)

Blue and white for me.

Royal blue & white for me

^^^ Green and white for us, in case you couldn’t tell :wink: ^^^
I think it sets us apart a little bit, while still giving a good vibe- and maybe sends the subliminal message that we are “eco-conscious”

[COLOR=#ffa500]I love my orange[/COLOR]. But black tie doesn’t have much room for that anymore :wink:

Are you still wearing that everyday?

I would say I am a dark blue…

grey and black

shouldn’t our “color” be what the target market says it should be?
I know certain colors are attention getting and subtle to get people to do things so do that, and you may want to brand your logo with a certain color but as for a color scheme I would go with what’s popular for your target market.

Ex. today I was doing route work inside a mall all the womens clothing for spring are bright primary colors which btw are on the new wcr postcards…

My current website was built with that in mind, for my target with that site (women mid 30’s to late 40’s) they love it lot’s of compliments. I don’t care for it not too manly, but what does it matter what I care about?

black and white for us

Red, black, & white. These colors and our fonts call to mind the safety signs you see in factories, on fences, etc, This is intentional, and helps emphasize our USP.

This color /\

[COLOR=#333333][INDENT]shouldn’t our “color” be what the target market says it should be?
I know certain colors are attention getting and subtle to get people to do things so do that, and you may want to brand your logo with a certain color but as for a color scheme I would go with what’s popular for your target market.

Ex. today I was doing route work inside a mall all the womens clothing for spring are bright primary colors which btw are on the new wcr postcards…

My current website was built with that in mind, for my target with that site (women mid 30’s to late 40’s) they love it lot’s of compliments. I don’t care for it not too manly, but what does it matter what I care about?[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]
[LIST]
You make a good point Brian. I’m really impressed with your website. If it’s true that women make most of the purchasing decisions regarding home services, than you are on the right track. I like the wall paper like back ground on your site. I also like your guarantee. You say that you the customer won’t pay a cent unless they are satisfied, but the way you phrase it implies that they have to let you fix any problems. I was trying to figure out a way to write a guarantee that would give me a chance to fix things.

I notice you have two different websites, what’s up with that?
[/LIST][/COLOR]

Thanks,
long story on the website but I actually have 3 websites, with wc.com, soon the bc window cleaning site will be gone.

The girl I used to design the site is one of the most creative people I know. She works at anthropology as well.

Her site is

Contemporary Web Decor by Stephanie Tlachac {Web Design Portfolio}

We have been blue and white for a long time and just added orange to our updated look. Check it out Trusted Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing for New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Deleware | Bethany Associates

Why in the world you get rid of your website??

Jared, you have one of the best sites i have seen. The photograghs alone separate yours from the pack. You should buy lunch for your graphic designer :slight_smile:

Personally, my colors are blue and gray. Clean and crisp

Flawless Windows

Bcwindowcleaning.com the one you see when you click here is actually sdwindowcleaningpros.com,
its staying

For some reason sometimes bc windowcleaning is my signature other times sdwindowcleaningpros is, don’t know why

Hunter green and white.