What do you use to accept Credit Cards?

I use Square and Quick books…What I like about quick books is that I can send them the invoice by email and they can press a button and pay.

What I’m curios about,is those who do accept cards…do you charge the customer the fee?..and if so, have you ever had someone complain about that??

My buddy does not charge for the fee. But can run upwards of 10-20 cards for around 35-135 each a day (he is a therapist) so maybe for 1 or 2 cards a day you may want too

I love the feature on Quickbooks to email them the invoice. Customers tend to like that easy option…also too, it allows you to firmly obtain that ever important email address!

3 Likes

With Square I get automatic deposits which cost me 1% (that is optional vs next day deposit which is free).
The cost per transaction is 2.75% (plus the optional 1% in my case). So a $100 charge costs me $3.75. Right now I don’t do enough CC transactions for that to be a big deal.

Square syncs with the customer factor and I have a few customers that like that option to be able to pay online.

I like SQ because it allows me to take mobile payments like apple and samsung and because most people have heard of SQ and trusts it. I also like that I can use it across Iphone, Android, and IPAD. I give my employees IPADs but if something goes wrong, then they can use their personal phone as well. I also like it because once the payment is sent through, my customer gets a little quick “survey” about their service and SQ lets me customize with my own logo that survey. That survey turns into reviews.

Also … IF you decide to get SQ and you use TCF already, use the code in TCF BEFORE you get a SQ account so that you get the special which I think is $4k in free deposits or something like that. Ask Steve he will tell you.

I use Pay Pal for donations on my website.

PS … SQ lets you send invoices as well… but I just use TCF for that.

1 Like

We email them the invoice…sorry for the late response. Also when you email the invoice you can leave a message with links to your social media for reviews :sunglasses:. So we always invoice residential through qb for bookkeeping obviously, but also makes it a little easier to grab reviews as well.

3 Likes

Now for me…if only the people who told e they were going to leave me a good review, actually did it!..I know this one in particular is satisfied…she had me do two more of her properties and got me a referral!..But nope…no review LOL.

1 Like

I like Quickbooks.

2 Likes

Many folks don’t have time or care to leave a review. I had one customer take like 8 months to leave a review…that was after she retired…lol

2 Likes

Well…as long as she keeps hiring me and presses that Pay now button in a timely manner when I send her the Invoice through Quicken…it’s all good! haha!

2 Likes

We use Square for our credit card transactions. We honestly don’t use it that often but my customers love me when they ask and I say “sure, I can accept a credit card”. It will set you apart from other companies that avoid it because of the fees. After all it is 2017 and if you aren’t accepting credit cards you will be left in the dust in my opinion. Also a side note, don’t charge people extra if they use a credit card. It’s u Professional in my opinion, if you slightly adjust your prices a tiny bit up front to make the difference up it will pay you more in the end anyway. It just drives me nuts when people say “there’s an extra charge for credit”. My association charges me an extra $10 every time I make an online payment. Pisses me off every time…

Anyway just my 2 cents… get it? 2cents… never mind I will just get back to ordering my replacement rubber now on windowcleaner.com :slight_smile:

PS if you are going to get square make sure you buy the new chip card reader package. Worth it so you are not liable for any fraud. They will also send you the swipe version free.

1 Like

Is it blue in color and such? My buddy got that and it broke in a week. He sticks with just the basic square. Just my $.02.

1 Like

I hear you. Between fb and google we are around 80 5 stars. We push it as much as we can.

3 Likes

HouseCall Pro. Locked in at 1.99%

I use it for taking deposits from all new customers. Quite a few of our snow removal customers pay with a card, since we email invoices weekly. Maybe 5%-10% of our window cleaning & power washing customers use a card to pay the balance after service is complete.

HouseCall doesn’t have a physical card reader, which I’m not particularly crazy about. But the app can scan the card number with the camera, for in-person transactions.

We don’t charge a fee. At least until recently, having a surcharge for card payments could get you dropped from your merchant account/card processor (check the user agreement if you’re contemplating a surcharge). Credit card companies hate the practice.

Raise your prices 2%-3% across the board, and you’ll end up ahead because only a minority pay with a card.

5 Likes

I use The Customer Factor and it integrates with Square. I use the card swiper occasionally and it’s real easy.

1 Like

No its white just like the smaller square reader, I haven’t had any issues with mine at all. I think the blue one your referring to might be Paypal?

1 Like

I use Joist to send estimates and invoices. They just rolled out the ability to take credit cards with Joist. Like Luke said above about Quickbooks you can send it with a pre-written email with links for reviews. I was using square and it was cheaper, but I like the seamless transition with joist. It’s only like a .25% difference though.

3 Likes

I use Square but I also use Joist for everything else so I may look into their new credit card offering.

1 Like

This

4 Likes

I use square but Ive been thinking of setting up payments on my website and having the customer pay there with their smart phone. Only reason being is I heard this really helps SEO, google sees people going to your site and paying you money, in googles eyes that makes you more legit.

1 Like

square and the customer factor

1 Like