What is your definition of "gouging"?

"The act of retailers increasing prices when no alternative is available. For instance, many spectators believe that oil retailers participate in price gouging.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/price-gouging.html#ixzz49Zs337zj"

window cleaning is a luxury service, no one “has to do it”

unless a business is trying to take advantage of a person of inadequate brain capacity i would not refer to any price they charged as gouging.

2 Likes

I think this reply should put this topic to rest.

Some of us charge more, some less. So what?

4 Likes

If you’re charging less than me you’re a bucketbob.
If you’re charging more than me you’re price gouging.
If you’re charging the same as me you’re a jerk.

14 Likes

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

-George Carlin

10 Likes

I will pay a premium price for someone I trust. Once I find service company that I trust, they are very valuable to me. It could be a plumber, electrician, pest control guy, etc.

2 Likes

nailed it

1 Like

Don’t get me started on people who drive the speed limit!

2 Likes

Not true…

Lol. Love that!
Thanks for the smile!! :grin:

I’m with this guy

1 Like

Me too. To say someone is price gauging an your in the same industry is just ludicrous.

If he is getting it you should say WTF am I doing wrong. I need to change some things or push the envelope a little bit see where it goes

1 Like

we’ve had this same discussion on facebook, but a logical next question is, what is greed? what would it look like for a business owner to be greedy?

Greedy is when someone says take one , an you take 2.
Greedy is when you take more than what you deserve, or someone is willing to give
If you don’t feel deservent them it’s a mind set thing

Operative word is willing …if someone is willing to pay you then… Go get it

You’re still raising subjective questions and then using your own thinking to set a standard for everybody else to follow. Please consider that your own standards, while based on good and proper motives, might be unfairly self-limiting.

2 Likes

Don’t sell out of your own pocket

1 Like

um, when?

Here are a few from the past few days where you apply your standard of what is “excessive”, “gouging”, or “insane”:

4 Likes

If you can make $100+/hr …I say go for it!

Your client feels they are getting their money’s worth
They tell their friends about you
They are so happy to be on your schedule

If you make $60/hr…Great!
If you make $120/hr…Great!

No need to worry about what other people charge in my area. I just try to create enough value in my services to justify the price. Everything has worked out so far.

6 Likes