What is your minimum charge?

Just curious what everyone’s minimum charge is for service? I have found implementing a minimum charge to work in my favor many times, what’s your experience?

$100

Same

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Since storefront = no mas,

$150

I will work the price if its within maybe 20 minutes from home base

$75 - 150, dependent upon distance.

Really? So if the customers that live further pay more then wouldn’t the closer customers pay it as well. Why not charge them all the max possible.

I’m pretty sure Larry has valid reasons, but driving distance plays a roll I’m sure.

Great question. I’ll have to consider that.

That’s pretty much it. I’ve used my $75 minimum, and basically added a $75 “driving distance” fee on top.

I bumped our minimum charge from $125 to $150 last season and haven’t lost a job over it.

This year I started doing $229 minimum for new window cleaning residential customers.

1 Like

Now thats what I’m talking about!

what would be your minimum for repeat residential or residential that’s on an auto schedule, Seth?

Nothing set in stone, but at least $100. I have a handful of customers that call me periodacly to do just a few windows here and there, and three on a monthly schedule. If I’m going out to do the small stuff I have no problem doing a hundred here and a hundred there, but when we have to send out the van with 2-3 employees in it, $229 seems like a fair price to me.

Even the $229 isn’t set in stone for new customers. It all depends where they are located, who referred them and if I c an go do the job without other employees. I may lower it since we’re coming into the slower Summer season, but so far I haven’t lost any estimates because of the $229 minimum, that I know of.

It was $80 now it’s $100. Thanks guys. I work alone and I never travel more than 10 miles away so I can live with $100. :slight_smile:

$120.00 Its making me a lot more than when my min charge was $42.00 3 years ago!

Please tell me that that experience is going to result in a 2011 price increase again.

Love it.

How is it working out for you so far, Seth?

I really hope every WCR member reads this.

Awesome, Colm.

Have you encountered any price resistance?