What sort of tool to remove screens

[SIZE=3]OK here it is has patent pending if any body is interested.
Here is a few pictures.

[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

We use an aluminum Steconne handle with the channel clamp removed.

http://prowinservices.com

[SIZE=3]

The pictures are of earlier ones, just now the handle is some what different.

Will be making videos on how to use this tool on different windows soon.

Any questions please ask.:)[/SIZE]

The screens I deal with slide in tracks on each side and have two half-oval springs on one side to hold them in place. I’ve removed and replaced thousands without ever needing a tool, but, for the screens I see here, the putty knife looks like the best bet.

As an aside, any reason why WCR doesn’t carry screen and spline?

[SIZE=3]Yer you are right Brett those screens are great to get out.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=3]

This tool makes it easier to get those screens that have been jammed in.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=3]

It makes it so you can use a bit of force, with out bending the screen.[/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=3]

This tool will pull the screen out not pry it out. [/SIZE]</SPAN>[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]

Usually I need a screwdriver and a multi purpose paint tool to unscrew where the wheels are, or whatever is holding them in. At least in my experience they are adjusted by screws.
(the next part was written before I realized you were talking about sliders)
multi use paint tool is essential. i have removed thousands of screens with this tool. Honestly, a lot of times its about the technique of how you remove them. Once you get to know the different types of screens it gets easier to remember which end or corner has to be taken out first etc… the non user friendly design on some screens never fails to amuse me.

$15.00 5 tools and all plastic not to hurt screens and will not bend like the new $ 11.00 one Why are new tools not tested before they are sold to us!
Just do not understand that.!`

at most auto places

@Phileepoo

The Skreen out tool rocks!

Here a link to check out Phil!

@HE_MAN this is is such a great and reliable tool every residential window cleaner should carry one on their tool belt!

1 Like

I had my fail after two home, should have done more testing. You will have many returns!
Maybe mine was a Pro -Type . We will know soon!

More tact would probably add weight to your claim.

I enjoy my Skreen out very much.

1 Like

yes not my strong spot but the clip showed what happen to mine.
Going back to washing screens again now that I cannot get Speedy Screen and the other
product in hot area stains the window. Simple wash off and they can out great, We also
have a green mat that i will carry again.

1 Like

Phil I have removed many many tight screens with the tool and have not had any issue with the tool failing in any way.

I like the Skreen out tool.

1 Like

Putty knife works great for me.

Ok maybe I got a bad one then.

It didn’t look like you used it right in the video. It looks like you used it to pry the screen out. It’s not a pry tool. You are suppose to slip it under the screen and then push the handle down so the tool curves around the screen to the back of the screen so you can simply pull the screen out. You should have to pry at all. The tool is meant to curve around the frame of the screen and hook it and pull it out. You pried the screen with it and stressed the tool and broke it. It wasn’t a faulty tool but a faulty operator. :grinning:

4 Likes

Yes you are correct It is not a prying tool.
And always use it on the side of the screen.
Like in the videos check it out.
And if you look at the sticker on the handle say if you want more info to go to this YouTube Channel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you think an employee’s are going to used it? And I did used it right on two home’s.
Give it another month and you will see. If you add some fiber- glass to the mix it might not help it not do that.
Real testing comes when you used the tool the wrong way and it still works. Have you not seen the clip of me running over my water-fed poles and still able to used it?

We have had are since NOV '16 and myself and my helper have used it since then with out issue, and have used it for some off the wall stuff to and it as not failed.

@whatapane can you a great run down of the tool.

2 Likes

How do you think an employee going to use it? I did use it right on two Jobs.
For $15.00 look how car body tools work!

He uses it just fine, he was give the right training with the tool, he also watched @HE_MAN videos. No issue at all.

1 Like