What's for dinner?

Look up the old episodes of Alton Brown’s show ‘Good Eats’. 'Bout as entertaining and informative as a cooking show can get. I think they’re still on rerun on Food network. And a lot are available on youtube. I love how he gets into the science of why things work in the kitchen, and how to utilize that knowledge. He’s sort of like Bill Nye for grown-ups… who just happens to focus on food :smiley:

Ya I like Alton brown I utilize a lot of his techniques, an recipes . I like bobby flay , Tyler Florence , Ian gartner is good . I think there ruining the food network they had all these good chefs alway on , an now there like turning it into ( I don’t know how to say it ) , but like a game show . I wanna see people cooking things that I wanna make .

It’s called “Dinners, drive in’s and dives”

Ya that’s ok. They did one here in Long Island ! The Pit Stop. Did you see that one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

Lol

I love the show, but…

Bam !! Blueberry pancakes!!!

This is worst than Facebook. I don’t do Facebook. I do Wcr !

Electric cooktop? Amateur! Everyone knows you gotta use gas! It’s like a little junker vs. miss sectional ladder! Journeyman cook, y’all!

cooking wars! Lol, jk. I like your griddle :slight_smile:

I would agree with your analogy . I wish I had gas. Next big thing I do on my house is gas conversion from oil to gas.

I only use that griddle for pancakes got that idea from Alton Brown .
Love me my blue berry,or Banana pancakes Y’all!!! Not a culinary masterpiece but mmm were they good. I just needed some of that maple syrup you get by you . Till then Mrs butterworts will do

"All I want for Xmas is a Wolf stove please ". Then I get rid of that little junker stove :slight_smile:

Ranger danger out !

I’m currently waiting for my Stouffers Lasagna to cool.
So I’ll admit, you are the better man, today, Mike.

You provided a nice photo (electric or not) and I am still heating up Pre-cooked shit.

But know this…:mad: Your day of reckoning is coming!

Sheesh, now we’re hating on stove tops? We’ve got way too much time on our hands. I’m in.

In this I’d normally agree with you, but my glass top straight up rocks. The glass tops I’ve used before sucked, but this one is magic. I’ve got the exact sweet spot on the dial for pancakes. I’ve got the seasoned pancake pan (an old heavy teflon that has baked on pam on it over the years and is ONLY for pancakes at this point). And even the first pancake comes out perfect. Every time.

Bisquick + vanilla + egg(s) + milk + a little bit of (rise?) time = awesome.

But I’d still like to convert to gas down the road because you just can’t heat up a tortilla on a glass top. A coil top would be good too, but I like fire. I only cook pancakes on the weekend. I have tortillas everyday. So the trade off is easy.

Just to be clear:

Electric stoves = stack/sectional ladder, it’ll get the job done but I hate using it except for those 2 houses per year (weekend pancakes) where they’re just a miracle ladder

Gas stove = little giant - can do anything anywhere and is The One Ladder you should always have on hand and use every day

There is nothing like cooking on a gas stove . That electric griddle I have is the best thing for pancakes .
Bisquick for pancakes I just can’t do it .

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon. Sugar
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
Sift all ingredients into a bowl

In a seperate bowl
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon melted butter
Banana or blueberries
*if using bananas mash with masher ( trust me ).

Pour wet ingredients in with dry. Do not over mix. Add more milk to get proper consistency .

Important. Preheat electric griddle 325. Enjoy!!!

Cooking wars I love it !
[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION]. The best thing about that lasagna is it didn’t take you 3 hours to cook.

As my boy Mills lane would say.
" Let’s get it on ".

Yeah, bisquick used to be my “eh, let’s have pancakes” recipe. But now it’s like “crap, those are awesome” recipe. I think it’s partly my magic glass top stove (getting the temperature exactly right) or if it’s just that I add vanilla and let the batter rest for a little while. I used to stir it up and pour, but now I let it rest for a few minutes while the pan is getting hot and it made a huge difference.

I’m a huge Alton fan and we used to have a griddle, but I didn’t like storing it and cleaning it so we tossed it. Now I’ve got my seasoned magic pan, my magic stove and everything is yummy.

Oh, also found out that log cabin went back to their old school recipe of using real sugar instead of the hydroginated partially whatchucall it voodoo sauce. So I’m loving the log cabin. I just wish Aunt Jemima would go back to the old recipe. I loved her as a kid.

[MENTION=12729]JaredAI[/MENTION], [MENTION=7269]Majestic66[/MENTION], I feel bad for you guys. We have about a dozen of these in every little town around here:

Yeah, I won’t deny it. This week is supposed to be nasty for weather. ‘Wintry mix’ predicted for almost every day…

Ya Vermont is definetly the breakfast state. I’ve been to mt snow , killimgton, and Stratton. . Each time I would bring home a bottle of syrup. Those days are over can’t risk getting hurt. Gave away my snow board, an my mountain bike has about a foot of dust on it. I use to love going to Vermont. Wake up go get a big fat breakfast ,an then hit the slopes .

This thread is making me hungry… I wonder if I can get up early enough to make pancakes… humm.

I’m going to try to do a pizza dough this weekend.
Been researching pepperoni.

I want to have it “cup” and brown at the top. A lot of places make pizza with soggy pep.

The trick is to use pepperoni with a Collagen casing.
It tighten up and cups when cut right.

Wish me luck. :o

EDIT: still don’t know what I’ll do for sauce.
Never done it home made before…

Get a pizza stone . I cant believe you just wrote this we just re heat pizza for dinner tonight told my wife we should get a pizza stone, an ill start making pizza.

Tomato Basil Sauce:

Minced onions 1 large
minced garlic 4-5 garlic cloves
Fresh basil I don’t know a good amount but not to much
San marzano tomatoes 4-5 28oz cans (always use the best tomatoes)

Tomato basil sauce: Very Simple
Seasons onions with salt then Sweat your onions on low heat till translucent. Then add your garlic do not let them get brown maybe cook that for another 5 minutes or so. Then add your tomatoes add your basil near the end of cooking two hours simmering on low heat .

Yeah, I’m humble enough to know I need to pull the trigger on a stone.

I realize that making pizza may not be as cost effective as my local,
but I’m more concerned with being able to say “I did this.”

My bread maker has a “pizza dough” option, so I’m all for it.

What spices do you use?
From the looks of it, the onion give the sweetness, right?

• I’ve never done a home sauce, so forgive my ignorance.