What's in your arsenal?

No I don’t think so. It’s something in the product that did itself. You could not see it right after you cleaned the window and then 2 hours later there it was and not that the sun was shinning on it. I took cerium Oxide and a felt pad and buffed it right out.

What were you originally trying to take off? What was the stain?

The only thing that seems odd is…was just one pane of glass that did it? If you had to clear stains off more then 1 with the same affect then i would maybe believe it was the combination of HW remover & steel wool.

Now if only 1 pane did it,i would highly suspect fab debris.

Reason why it was only one hard glass was because I was showing then that it could be removed. They said other people had tried but were unsuccessful. So I cleaned the one pane got it off and buffed it out and sealed it so it would not come back on that pane of glass. I cleaned another pane with a rag and rub out it came off. Then I told the customer the hard water would come right back and it did then. I give them my bid. And blow there mind LOL walked away and said replacing it will cost 3 times as must. I’m talking 555 big panes of glass. They hire a low baller for 1800. and it has all the hard water back on it. Anyway I will never us 0000 steel wool too rub hard water remover on glass.

But I will say you raised a good point Craig. It could have been.

Like i said it was just a guess but…a good one in that most of the time it is just that! Now…there are several scenario’s that play out gunk in the steel wool or on the glass that could have caused it,as well as what type of hard water remover you used,condition of blade if scraping was involved etc.

I dont care for ANY of the paste type removers,like A-1 MDR, & especially Bio-Clean,just way too gritty for my liking!

Now another thing to consider is location you could very well have different type of water spots as opposed to me out here in calif,although…for me i’ve had very good luck with Sorbo powder & Safe-Restore. Where maybe you have better success with some of the ones i mentioned.

Another thing i notice as well is…if you use a white scrub pad to apply those paste type removers,once you throw it back in your bucket it just KILLS your water/solution.

This 2-step system gives you High Definition Windows. Step 1 restores the glass and completely removes all the debris etc. step two polishes and protects the glass for over a year. The optics are incredible!!!

I rec’d a sample bottle of Simix’s Protector Plus at the convention in Mesa or Nashville. How does the 2 step restoration differ? The Protector Plus seemed very similar to JRac’s 3 Star Barrier.

May opinion Protector Plus . Is no comparison to 3 star. Protector Plus from ABC say’s its the same. But really like 3 star.