When will the US get updated with wfp

It’s from the movie “pirates, an adventure with scientists!”

I was trying to think of a modern movie but that’s what I came up with… Ohh! Sherlock. Forgot about that one.

It’s like my view of New Jersey comes from gritty TV shows from the 70’s and 80’s. My wife says it’s a nice state but I know it’s full of dead bodies and sea weed.

2 Likes

The mystery is solved. Still laughing…

1 Like

Decided to just irder from UK and pay the $275 shipping.

Got 900’ 1/4" wfp hose in red, along with some wfp cones and great colored traditional window cleaning equipment that isnt offered in the states.

Final cost with shipping was very close to what would Have been paid in the US but I got equipment that is different

2 Likes

When it’s not a waste of money. There is no WFP system that does a better job or saves time over an extension pole.

The setup and put away time is usually more than half the time it takes to do a job. I realize not everybody is good with an extension pole, alas, not everybody is good with a WFP.

Also, for those who suggested cleaning in the rain, that’s hilarious, at least in Florida where the rain is full of calcium and salt. You’ll wfp and be left with a go back call when they see how terrible their Windows look the following day.

The cost of investing in a WFP system, and the cost of replacing the tanks > an extension pole. You also have to meter regularly or you won’t even know when it’s not working.

WFP is the biggest scam in the window cleaning industry, not that they don’t work, but they don’t work better, nor do they save you time, plus they cost you money to use.

I’ve been doing this for a while and the only time I need a ladder is when a pole is occluded, which means WFP wouldn’t work either as the brush head wouldn’t reach to the bottom of the pane.

Learn how to use an extension pole and do a towel wrap. Waaaaay faster than dragging out the ridiculously heavy WF system, unraveling and rewrapping hoses and finding water sources.

In most instances it takes about 15 minutes to setup and to get pressure, and on sources that are low on pressure, you then have to add the inline pump, this is adding 30-40 minutes to your job time by itself, when most jobs should be done in an hour anyway.

If you’re doing a real big job, chances are you’ll have to move the water fed system, which is going to take another 10-15 minutes.

Every minute wasted is less money per hour, plus the nature of the WFP system costs you money to use. It’s really an upside down investment, full stop. Just get better cleaners who know how to properly use a mop+squeegee+extension pole.

I worked for Fish for a while and they were big on using the WFP system, I work for myself now, but when I’d get a WFP job, I’d just not use the WFP system and just use my extension pole and be done with the job 35-40 minutes sooner with zero go back or complaints.

I’d never invest in one now, for myself as all they do is decrease your profit margin.

#Americansaresmart. That’s why we don’t have a huge WFP Adoption rate.

Is it safe to assume you primarily do small, simple residential homes in your service area?

You might fine the practical purposes of a wfp system clear when doing large homes and commerical buildings with 100’s of high windows.

Just like any tool such as a extension pole w/ squeegee, wfp systems are also a useful tool.

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Why not just use an extension pole for your mop. I literally never use a ladder unless a pole is blocked by an overhang or occluded in someway.

It’s takes but moments longer than walk up glass.

It’s almost like nobody in this thread ever heard of a three piece extension pole…

You can get the same height from the ground with mop and squeegee, that you get with WFP systems, without having to lug around the big heavy tanks and find pressurized water sources.

Carry two poles, one towel wrapped, the other for the mop/squeegee. Much faster, much cheaper, same quality work, no need to replace filter tanks, or spend money on hoses and brush heads.

this whole post was an excellent piece of satire

2 Likes

could you please post a video of you cleaning third-story windows? I’d love to see it

3 Likes

Look I went from earning 23k a year doing commercial residential work for 97 cents a pane with fish, to doing over 200k a year on my own.

The only time it’s worth busting out a WFP system is on giant outside only commercial jobs that want to pay nothing. You want to waste your time on a 4-5 hour job for 300$, than maybe the WFP is for you, but I do multi level mansions on Anna Maria island for 2400$ that take 3 hours to do.

#get better at sales?

you sure make a lot of assumptions. Can you please post a video of you cleaning third-story windows with a pole

2 Likes

This all just sounds very bias. Did you have a bad experience with a water fed pole?

1 Like

i just don’t believe you, unless you mean it takes 3 hours for 6-8 guys to do

3 Likes

Yeah, I used one for two years and lost so much time, I just stopped using it.

Pretty much made it clear that’s it’s a waste of time.

Lol. You’ve been here for a few minutes and all the sudden know more than guys that have been here for years, posting photos and details about their business.

Sorry, you are full of crap. Lots of us own WFP and know you are full of crap.

Really??? I’ve never seen a house that would take 3-6 guys an hour to do. Even the average multi-million dollar mansion has under 150 Windows.

150 Windows at 3 panes a minute is an hour 40.

That’s a pretty slow rate of cleaning too.

There are guys that do 7 seconds a pane, walk up glass. Almost 100% of interior glass is walk up.

Lol. Obviously you did…

Let me tell you something… When I started my business, I was all traditional. Used poles and ladders.

I got sick and tired of poling 2nd story windows, and running into jobs that had oxidization on the windows from years of not being cleaned.
WFP sped me up considerably on 2nd story glass, and all but eliminated oxidization issues. I KNOW how much time it saves me. I KNOW how long those ladder sets take and how big a PITA mopping a window, dropping your pole to change to a squeegee and then detail the glass, takes. I do resi and commercial. I have experience doing them and so do many other people here on the forum.

You are full of crap if you think a WFP is a total waste of time and money. It MAKES me more MONEY, saves me TIME, and I get the job done SAFER. I know, because I actually have working experience.

can you post a video of this cause if you don’t you’re just a troll

1 Like

Call me on the phone right now and I’ll tell you how I do it, I’ll also give you a clue.

I literally lol’d when you said “oxidation.”

That’s 239.672.6527 Incase you can’t read it.

You get intimidated because my business cards are nicer than yours or what?

Just so you know, that’s not “oxidation”. White frames are aluminum, powder coated, covered in clear. Weather strips the clear and that white is PAINT.

Oxidation is “rust” rust comes from the root word “Roho” which means red, and is what you call an oxidized Ferris metal. If the aluminum frame were oxidized, they’re be pitting out and full of holes, literally falling apart.

I always check the clear on any jobs with white aluminum frame, if the paint comes off on my fingers, I sell them a clear coat and send out a painting company and get money on the back end. Then I do the job.

so a 2400 job at 3 hours is 800 an hour, if you’re charging 8 a pane then that is 100 panes an hour (inside and out it’s 200) that’s 18 seconds per side. there is no way you are cleaning well at that pace, there is no way you are doing tracks, no way you are doing screens, and at $16 a window you absolutely should be doing all of those. You are lying. No customer would ever pay you $16 to take 72 seconds to clean a window inside and out and not do the tracks and screens.

1 Like