Who else gets a stiff neck?

45 feet is higher than I expected. A few things. This pole gets a bit like a wet noodle at this height. And it is freaken heavy after about 10 of these big windows. Not fun when you need to move to the next window. The pole spun on me 3 times; not fun. Scarry actually! Had to take it down and tighten the clamps each time it did that. The 6 inch extender I bought from WCR broke after 5 mins. Luckily it didn’t fall off. The white Wack adapter changed positions on its own. Had to take it down again.
Hopefully tomorrow is better.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A BETTER DAY?

If you’re not going to be pulling the pole apart I would run your hose inside the pole. Less hose bouncing will help.

Use your body not just your arms for scrubbing, that’ll save your arms a bit or at least just help them last longer.

Is that the mini or the pro?

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Oh and don’t put the brush on brick or siding at all if you can avoid it. You don’t want to contaminate the brush head.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Hahahaha, just read the title of this thread - at chiropractors office right now, neck hurts and stuff as heck and lower back… Too bad my iphone won’t upload a photo :stuck_out_tongue: Will wait till I get home

I can’t imagine 7 stories, eh no thanks

It’s a Pro.

These glass will help with future High WFP work they will save your neck…Belay Glasses.

Link on some info…Robinson-Solutions Professional Window Cleaning: Climbing Glasses The Perfect Fit For WFP?

Hope this helps Derryll.

1 Like

^^^ I use Belay Specs. I literally will not do a single 2+ story window without these.

Joshua Adriance
Pure Water Window Cleaning
Montréal, Québec

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why 5 stories is my limit and that’s with the understanding that the 5th floor might not come out perfect. It’s definitely nice to have a spotter than you can switch out with. Swap out every 5 windows and it gives you a nice break.

I plan on having 10’ over what I need because then each section can be a little stiffer and with the extra length, I don’t have to be right up on the building but can stand out where it’s a little more comfortable.

And it is freaken heavy after about 10 of these big windows. Not fun when you need to move to the next window.
Yeah, I just “bounce” it between windows. Just try not to land on the window or you might scare someone inside.

The pole spun on me 3 times; not fun. Scarry actually! Had to take it down and tighten the clamps each time it did that.
Is this part of the spinning problem reach-it has?

The 6 inch extender I bought from WCR broke after 5 mins. Luckily it didn’t fall off.
I like the unger extenders. I haven’t used any of the others, but the unger is aluminum and you can loosen the head to spin it if needed.

When I start to do a lot of wfp work, I’m definitely going to spring for some belay specs.

The good news is that as soon as you get that 4th floor done, the 3rd floor will feel like the sweetness.

How do you guys rinse the 4th story? Hell I have a hard time with my noodle on the 3rd floor, gets a bit wiggly

I use two poles - boars hair for the scrub, then nylon for the rinse.

Agreed. For large properties I have a difficulty principal I apply and use to encourage myself.

5th floor is half the difficulty of the 6th.

4th floor is half the difficulty of the 5th.

3rd floor is half the difficulty of the 4th etc…

I use this to price large properties as well.

For “wobbles” you may just need to stay under the pole as much as you physically can. This keeps the poles as straight as possible. However, this entails the appropriate brush and gooseneck angle to splay out properly. It can be tricky 60+ feet up but I just remind myself that I’m making more than my lawyer.

(if someone can tell me how I can “resize photos to 800 x 800” I’ll post some to show you)

Joshua Adriance
Montréal, Québec

To resize the picture I just email them thru my phone , hope that make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

I usually need to crop or send through iPhone and pick one that is small enough.

This is actually only 3 stories. But they are 15 ft stories so it’s more like 4. It not even remotely easy to rinse at that height. It takes a lot of upper body strength to push the top of the pole side to side.

I bought the Pro thinking that I would do up to 5 stories, but I think that 4 is going to be my limit.

Here’s two photos to show the difference in how far away from the building you can be while working on a 6 and 4 story.

On a 6 you will need to be close and “lift” the pole rather than “push” like you can on a 4 story or less. This will eliminate the wobbles.

For rinsing at high heights don’t push side to side. While in rinse position, simply jiggle the pole up and down in small but fast motions while applying only a little sideways pressure. This will move the brush side to side to rinse.

Joshua Adriance
www.pwwc.ca

I always use my thighs to hold the base of the pole while rising up high, takes a little strain out of the shoulders.

I learned that “jiggle rinse” technique yesterday. Good advice. What technique do you use to raise and lower the pole at those heights?

[MENTION=24315]Steve076[/MENTION]. Yea, I used my thigh to rest the poll when my neck would really hurt. Now I have a big bruise on my thigh. Won’t be doing that again either. Actually thinking of getting a leather holder like what you rest a fishing pole in.

I use the tricep curl. Turn your right hand thumb down and push up. Dunno seems easier to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app