Who's interested in getting a half-piece for your sectional ladder?

The clowns are on the left, the jokers are on the right.

1 Like

Joker /= slacker, imo

1 Like

Don’t you go bringing in fancy scientific formula’s into this…

1 Like

@Infinity i have spare full sized section or two, what would it take to build my own? give me a call or vox me if it’s easier…

Everything you need to know is in this thread: http://windowcleaner.com/t/rained-out-tomorrow-d/34536

BTW, you need to use a 6’ base. It’s the only piece that the geometry works out for.

I’m never one to discourage any one’s new business ventures. In fact, I encourage them and try to assist in any way I can…

BUT ladders scare me. ( I’m not afraid of heights or anything ) I’m speaking of liability.

When I got into the window cleaning business 15 years ago, four companies were making and producing stackable window cleaning ladders. Today there is one. The others have been sued into oblivion.

When someone gets hurt on a ladder ( and someone always does ), Everyone gets sued.

• The insurance company
  • The property owner
  • The ladder manufacturer
  • The ladder supplier
  • The ladder stabilizer company etc…

Everyone gets it.

The manufacturer has product liability insurance

The supplier has product liability insurance

Again I don’t want to discourage any new ventures; I’m just saying be careful.

2 Likes

Some sobering words of advice. I’ll have to think about this a little more…

I know that whenever large settlements are involved, the victim usually has no say in who gets sued. It’s all about the various adjusters trying to avoid a big payout.

Get a waiver.

Or just sell the pieces with the disclaimer: “Half pieces are for entertainment purposes only. Use at your own risk.”

2 Likes

Interesting. Just out of curiousity, how many times has little giant been sued?

How many times has McDonalds been sue’d because “the coffee was hot, when I spilled it on my lap, when driving?”

That’s New Mexico for you. Pretty sure it was in Las Cruces.

It sort of pisses me off because I like my food HOT. Every time I go to burger king, I have to tell them that “I’d like it hot.” It seems like all the fast food places put out mostly warm food.

1 Like
1 Like

I just Googled it… Seems like they have been sued quite a bit.

Interesting. So the moral of the story is that extensions are king.

Truthfully? Not nearly as many times as people have mistakenly used (abused) that case as an example of a “frivelous lawsuit”. There are plenty of frivelous lawsuits filed each year - but the case of the elderly woman sitting in the passenger seat of a parked car, and receiving 3rd degree burns requiring skin grafts, was not frivelous.

/rant