Why are you marketing towards "High End" Customers

I agree, with the addition of “and being razor-sharp in demographic focus…”

This is what I find so valuable about Linda’s question. Maybe I’m chasing the wrong ambulances.

Kevin, what is YOUR demographic focus?

I dunno, NOW! (thx to your thread)

I would say the upper-middle class, residential-wise. The super-rich around here seem to be cheaper than the upper-middle folks.

I’m still a bit torn, though. I still lean heavily towards the wealthiest areas.

I’ve done nothing to pursue commercial, aside from a few hours here and there, for the past year.

Where we are there is not one particulaer demographic to target. We do EVERYONES windows. Rich, poor, young, old doesn’t matter. We advertise in the LOCAL TOWN papers targeting certain towns, but not a particular demographic as it is so mixed here, and again…Who knows how much money a person has and what they can afford?

The reason why you go after the high end clients is that they generally have a higher sustainable income through good and bad times. Many of my competitors are going out of business because they charge less and attract penny pinchers, which seem to always be pickier customers to begin with and generally are the first to not get their windows cleaned with an economy downturn. Many of their crews are calling me looking for work. With our business model we have actually done better in the last few months with than in many years past.

Awesome web site Robb.

yeah that is one of the best WC websites i have seen in awhile.

Video clips were great! :slight_smile:

High end residential customers tend to have their windows cleaned more often and are more apt to pay more per hour for a quality job. I set minimums so that I am not working in small filthy houses unless I am well paid for it.

Rob, very pretty website, nice.

2 quick spelling errors:

“Cupon” should be “Coupon” on homepage
“Profesional” should be “Professional” on Residential before/after page

The reason why you go after the high end clients is that they generally have a higher sustainable income through good and bad times

I think that what many of us are saying is that higher income for the client doesn’t always mean higher income for us, and also that people who make big bucks don’t necessarily esteem us window cleaners as being worth big bucks.

Exactly.

Sometimes we can make fantastic money on small houses, that aren’t even that filthy…