Window Cleaners Glossary

Just caught this, Steve. :smiley:

The winter makes us all a little slower…

I thought is was my feeble-minded disease…

I posted this over at NWCD awhile back. Its called “Slosh Foot”. Stepping into your bucket after getting off your ladder. I have done this before and so have all my guys except one.

Steve

There’s a Gatorade joke in here somewhere, but I’m too ****ing tired…

I dropped my Treo in a bucket once. Is there a term for that?
I just called it p***ed.

Route Rot - Storefront customers that initially want service regularly, but say “Not this time” consistently.

My rule is 3 strikes and you’re out.

1 Like

HAHA
One of my guys did that this past week. The funniest part about it was HE was the one who put the bucket at the bottom of the ladder and then tried to blame everyone else for it. I called him “Splash” for the rest of the day.
It is a rookie mistake but it is always fun setting up a newbie the bucket at a bottom of a ladder trick- just do it outside in case the bucket tips over.

Where I come from we call it “Runners”

ooo I like that.

1 Like

Hehe yeah, I get that maybe 10% of the time.

The way I see it, if you’re not ready for your monthly cleaning after 2 major storms like we had last month, then you’re really just not going to be ready. Its a waste of gas and time. Call me when there’s an inch of pollen stuck to your windows in June lol

PELOSI - When a customer talks to you while you are working and the whole time they are talking you know they are full of crap!

How about the Obama
When a customer keeps adding on everthing thats glass in their house (tables, mirrors, lights , glass shower doors etc) and end up not paying you because they dont have the money to pay for it. This actually happened to me a few years ago. I hunted this customer down and eventually got paid for all of it on their credit card almost a year later.

Steve

bump

1 Like

Jalousie Windows - Windows composed of parallel glass louvres set in a frame. The louvres are joined onto a track so that they may be tilted open and shut in unison to control airflow, usually by turning a crank. Common in warm-climate homes before air conditioning was widely available.

4 Likes

about a year ago - 5 years ago
a couple years ago - 10 years ago
it’s been awhile - never

4 Likes