Window cleaners *you're* doing it ALL wrong!

It would also be appreciated if people would cite their scriptural references rather than just saying the Bible says this or the Bible says that.

What’s wrong with just saying so and so said this and so and so said that? It’s all the same thing. Someone said something and it makes sorta sense. :-/

I’m new to this forum. But i am not new to forums in general. Actually haven’t introduced myself yet. But I really have to say this thread has gotten so far off topic, it really has become worthless in the sense of benefit to anyone. If you want to argue…GET MARRIED!!!

[MENTION=2940]Garry[/MENTION]

The problem is that I can SAY that so-and-so said whatever. Whereas if you cite the source, it can be checked by others for accuracy.

Example: I can say that Kevin D’s $600/hour book says that the most effective way to get money from people is to abduct their children and hold them for ransom. (which is not true, for anyone wondering, Kevin’s book does not actually say that).

OR, I can quote his book and reference a chapter or page number and others could verify that that the book truly says what I said it did.

One of the reasons that many people think the Bible is unreliable, inaccurate or contradictory is all the false quotes that people attribute to the Bible. They say- the Bible says this or that, when it really doesn’t.

Just like people might lose respect for Kevin’s book because of my fictitious quote above, the Bible loses credibility in the eyes of some people, all because someone SAID it said something that it really didn’t.

So, please, if you’re going to reference it, be diligent and cite it. Besides, it makes you look smarter :slight_smile:

Would that be betrothed or engaged? JK.

The original topic was about how window cleaners are doing their wraps and marketing all wrong. But the way rob went about it ticked a lot of guys off so it became a dog pile on rob thread and it just spiraled down hill from there. At this point I guess it’s just a free for all. So what would you like to talk about next?

Whoah cowboy. First off I wasn’t being as serious as all of that. The other thing is the bible has been re written over the years and therefore peoples version of what they think took place in a land far far away in a time even farther away is just a little sketchy. So for the integrity of the forum discussions my point was trying to be - what does it matter who said what, how’s your window cleaning business doing.

Oh, oh, oh, me. Pick me. I want to talk about how do you handle raising prices on some of your customers who aren’t as well off as others but still want to buy window cleaning services.

OK Gary tell us how you do it.

It’s probable the folks at TMF are saying the same about WCR. This thread would be a great example.

Well, don’t know how good it is for Robs taste. But I try to ease them up over time from past pricing. Some folks have no problem paying more, while others I know are just eeking by with what others have disposable income for. So I (using my own judgement) cut them a break. They get my service and I still get another customer. Big 150 window places absorb some of that for them. Not saying they pay more than the little guy, but they can handle a price increase better. Everybody gets a fair shake.

I think this is quite possibly the most docile group I’ve [B]ever seen[/B].
Even the [B]worst[/B] arguments end politely.

Jeez, I know people who would find your home phone number, and cancel your cable tv- just to f*ck your day up!

Haha…I know people like too.

I’m on another forum where they will rip you one side and down the other until almost being banned. A quieter gentler forum is relaxing.

They played the Beastie Boys on “Morning Edition” this morning!!! Your daughter would have flipped :slight_smile:

And they did a lovely remembrance of MCA last year.

That break for commercials truly made me laugh out loud Chris. Beautiful!!

I did a forum search. No such info. Besides “there is nothing new under the sun”. We all get the same info but some need to hear it from different angles.

Watch your mouth son. That implies that this forum is for the female private anatomy. :slight_smile:

Yep

No dog pile. I accomplished just what I set out to do. What any advertising should do. Catchy headline,controversial subject,get attention and establish point to accomplish goal. Try it and you might be able to give up your day job. :smiley:

I like this and wholeheartedly agree. I esp work with past clients based on their present circumstances as in this sour economy a persons economic situation can change in the blink of an eye.