Window cleaners *you're* doing it ALL wrong!

Uh yeah… I’m the s***. this is fun we should do this more often

1 Like

i vote this thread be forever erased

6 Likes

just reread the op and it is dead accurate, although it does not apply to just window cleaners. most wraps i see (i said most not all) of all industries are poor to useless for business.
generally small operators are the worst, they have a “COOL” truck and they get a “COOL” wrap and it is often difficult to figure out who they are or what they do.
@RobAllenTMF wrap is excellent imho.
i talked to a landscaper a couple years ago, he was doing very well and i ask him how he got his business. referrals and the truck signs he said that’s it. his truck was black with giant silver high reflective letters showing his name and phone # (his name included his business)
bumped by the op with an apology.
then rebumped by our fearless leader @Chris , i guess with skipper and tgrove gone it just got a little quiet and he had to kick things up a notch.
:wink:
:cactus:27

3 Likes

Impressive, but did you ever make a perfect set of stairs on an Etch-a-Sketch?

2 Likes

There you go[quote=“phinkle, post:11, topic:23955, full:true”]

Soooo. What are you suggesting is the right way? It’s easy to tell everyone what they are doing wrong. How about some positive information?
[/quote]

There you go.

The issue wasn’t whether or jot he was right but it was more about his approach. He comes on the forum and his first post is entitled “window cleaners your doing it all wrong”. Not Hey guys I’m new here and wanted to share my thoughts etc. Not to mention the title assumes that everyone is doing it wring simply because a few guys are doing it wrong and they have posted it on the forum. There were plenty of guys on the forum, myself included, who weren’t doing it wrong. His comments continued to be extremely arrogant, egotistical and narcissistic.

Based on his last post he hasn’t seemed to change much at all.

1 Like

i thought his first and second posts in this thread were awesome. accurate info, great wrap pic, excellent video.
most of the bad comments i see on the thread are from window cleaners.

2 Likes

Cactus, for me I did agree with you and felt the same way at first. Here is where it went wrong for me and he showed his true colors. It all went out the window for me at that point. This was my response to his comment in the middle of the thread.

1 Like

Oops. That didn’t work. If you go to like comment 243 he compliments a female member on her looks and then boasts about his sexuality exploits. For me it was out of place and just arrogant. I was pulling for him up to that point.

Thanks for this Ken. I’ve just gone back and read the opening 2 posts. I agree, excellent advice albeit supplied via a mallet. Interestingly when a post, either on forums or FB hits the 100+ mark I generally give them a miss because you know that message and banter has turned toxic… shame because this original post (regardless of tone and inflammatory heading) offers no nonsense good advice.

2 Likes

Is this better?

Agreed. Original post however is still valid regardless of the values and morality,or lack of it of the poster. As someone who is visiting this post ‘fresh’ I’m inclined to “cut and paste” the message to memory and move on without even reading what followed…c’mon Luke get that darn wide channel comparison video up, I need to move on… :slight_smile:

I never said it wasn’t. If you read the thread I agreed with his post. The problem was that it came with his attitude which continued to escalate and that turn most guys on the forum off to him. I actually defended him at first much like you are doing now. I soon ditched that when I realized his true colors.

1 Like

lol, i like that
:joy:
:cactus:27

1 Like

lol, you mean the WHOLE THREAD!!?? no i don’t think i red the whole thing

2 Likes

Yah I know it’s long but that’s my point. It’s hard to really understand everyone’s sentiment about him without reading at least the first half of the thread.

1 Like

No,no. I am NOT defending him at all and I totally AGREE with your summation. I DO however agree with the MESSAGE . …and this gets lost when threads degenerate into personality debates. The message is all that matters and whether it has validity and relevance to our businesses. Flush the messenger but keep the message.

1 Like

Doesn’t anyone realize that his OP and following posts had nothing to do with wraps or lettering?

He was trying to prove that controversy sells. His point continues to be made. Every comment he made was intentionally inflammatory to prove his point.

Why do you think the following guy is at the carnival? Pay close attention to the lady standing at the front. Do you see what is she doing?

Finally, search threads with most posts.

2 Likes

Too bad this thread won’t die. His approach is so boring that even if there is SOME good information to be gleaned from it, I’m not going to find it.

It has served its purpose, and sadly that is not a purpose of any value. It was intended to elicit responses from the forum. Why? Simply put - to show traffic.

In other words, it is believed that the content to be found in this window cleaning forum is so poor that it needs artificial hits.

I personally don’t believe that. I have found valuable posts, threads, videos, and information here. This thread should be re-categorized under WAY OFF TOPIC.

3 Likes

While it may be true that sometimes ‘controversy sells’, you are giving him too much credit. He has given a couple of “reasons” to explain his post, but that never was one of them.

1 Like