Window logo / hour signs

Hello all thanks for looking and maybe helping.

I’ve searched the site and haven’t seen it in any topics so is so please just direct me to that link to save a repeat topic.

We have our first account weekly billing that I.M.O. will lead to 4 stores on same block ( The owner owns those buildings and the Business complained about the Washer they have now) its a Hair Salon. 4 large windows 1 door ( door is French)

QUESTION :
They have a logo and they have sticker hour sign on main window. What’s the trick to get that clean seeing as squeegee wouldn’t glide over?

If anyone has a video ( also looked might be missing it).Its a sticker not painted and cant be removed.

What material is the logo/sticker? Is it painted on or vinyl?

1 Like

Vinyl - the logo is one fil piece the hours part little numbers and letters.

Okay, I have a little shop that I do monthly with vinyl cutout logo and individual vinyl letters. I mop and squeegee as normal and then go back and gently rub/buff in light circular motions with a dry huck towel to get any drippings that get left along the edges from when the squeegee slides over it.
Works great every time for me. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Ok do window as normal but use a Huck towel. Thanks just wasn’t sure and wanted to go into with a plan and some luck.

Yes, you only have to fold it over in fourths or half and make sure you get all of the edges of the vinyl before it drips down the glass.

1 Like

I might add if you have a scrim, it can scratch coloured vinyl. Fwiw

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions and directions.

1 Like

Thanks for asking! I was curious about this as well. I saw a storefront today that had a ton of stickers.

Do you charge more for that type of job since it adds time to the clean?

2 Likes

I didn’t think a cost add was even in play. I just know from what ive seen here once you squeegee window Never go over with a rag. I will try the Huck seeing as that’s what was recommended. Just wanted a plan so I wasn’t outside looking at window going Oooops what do I do now. LOL

This way now when it happens Ill somewhat look like I have a clue even if that clue in thru you.

1 Like

no offense, but is this going to be your first official clean? fwiw: you should go over all stickers and lettering on a window with a Huck or a quality micro fiber, after you squeegee normally, “asap”. the reason being is if you do not you will have long drips cumming off the stickers, most of the time, and the longer you wait to wipe the sticker/lettering the longer the drip will be.

4 Likes

zenpix Non taken.

First Official Clean as a Window Cleaning Company owner. Been in the Commercial cleaning business for 10 years but never store front we did Buildings/office/schools so the window part I should be able to get down pat cause I’ve done over the years just not the way you daily window gods do. LOL Fanning was something we saw done and were like one day we will get that and now with the daily practice get the fundamentals down now its just teaching the wrist/ ( Also been using both hands not just strong hand cause we saw many posts about hard to reach areas on some jobs)

I’ve been reading and learning tricks here you guys are always VERY HELPFULL to even some easy answered questions. When I saw the glass I knew let me ask first so I didn’t look like the NOOB I am.

2 Likes

In cases like this you need to, and so when you do make sure it is a completely dry towel and rub in light circular motions.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. I took my time on the windows and was sure to go over them like directed and they came out great but cant go on what I say cause I did them. So I had someone go by and they said no streaks or drips.

P.S. also JOINED the WCRA today cause I saw they offered that 1000K cards free for joining. Was going to join but with cards they made it easier to hit send.

1 Like

This could be problematic for you as you need to work with confidence. Look at each job as if YOU are paying for it. (Without getting too anal about it). If you did as good as you could and find no faults, then you do not need to find someone to critique your work. Learn to do a quick “walk-through” as you go along as your own check and balance.

1 Like

True but I’m bias to my work and I’m that ANAL when it comes to a finished job. Just wanted a extra little pat from a outside views that’s why I sent a person. Yeh I needed that cause I was all smiles when I left with the signature on Job done.

So much on a smile I spent money and joined WRCA ( not that it was hard cause of all Ive seen what they offer)

But the big part going into that job was knowing how to do it and not looking like the NOOB and I thank you all here for that.

1 Like

Probably a natural need for reassurance until you build confidence. I plan on joining the WRCA with my first profits. I imagine a lot of my initial profit is going to go towards my education and business resources. That is the aspect of this venture that is most exciting at this point.

2 Likes

I went in knowing I was going to join I’m in now and I can say just the marketing part covers the cost. That and the forms they provide are amazing. Its going to be a long day of downloading and setting up. Did you watch Window wars go check it they show how the systems they had in place helped keep things in order and on track.

I jumped in today cause they offered the first 1000 cards free edited and shipped. It was a bonus cause I was joining anyway.

Right now looking at the unger WFP as maybe a first step into WF and its a great price and will pay for self after I do my house and maybe 2 jobs ( Family members already asked) so I might drop a hammer this week.

3 Likes