Window Squeegee No Real Change Theory

My apologies.

But, what are the alternatives that are being suggested? I would be happy to discuss improvements, but just complaining about the way things are is pointless.

As a stupid small example, I don’t like the hardware on the Ettore Backflip, at all. I think it makes close outs impossible. So I did a small mod. Here is the link if you want:

https://lukethecommunity.windowcleaner.com/t/hardware-mod-for-easy-closeouts/382

My point is: At least suggest an alternative, don’t just complain.

@DanTheWindowMan, please re-read:

Though I do see how some of it comes across as complaining, Herman has presented solutions to many of the questions/complaints he has raised in the past.

From previous posts, I know Herman is working on bringing his unique swivel to market. He has carefully guarded its exact technical details, to try and avoid someone else beating him to market.

I look forward to seeing what he has in store for us.

OF COURSE EVERYONE WOULD. But, unless you have more than theory, what is the point?

Please link said posts.

:roll_eyes:. Dan, no offense, but it might be time to put down your phone/tablet/whatever, and just enjoy the rest of your gin or whatever you’re drinking.

You can come back to the topic tomorrow morning with a clearer head. I’m sure you don’t mean to, but you’re starting to come across as a bit of a jerk.

2 Likes

Well if you really want know we have.
Yes we still fine turning a few things.
Finding any weak parts etc. fix before selling.
Have a tool that lasts.
To get it right the first time.
As too the swivel for the Water fed brushes.
The goal is to have all tools are inter changeable with each other including ones you all ready have.
IT WILL HAPPEN.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Sorry.

1 Like

No worries :wink:

Ditto. Been staving off carpal tunnel for the last few years.

If memory serves me, I believe Herman had RSI issues before he ever started window cleaning (maybe 10 years ago now?)

He had to adapt his handles to accommodate his preexisting conditions, in order to continue doing the work.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct when starting out WCing now around 18 years ago found it was not possible to use a squeegee with fixed handle.
So began looking for something that might be able to other then a fixed handle squeegee.
Came across Wagtail squeegee at the time it had a yellow 2 piece disc later they had made a 1 piece disc.
Even though this helped a lot still experience cramping and shooting pain up forearm.
As Alex said had RSI issues but also have very restrictive movement in my right wrist from accident had in my younger years.
Got older :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:now have arthritis hands fingers wrists.
But can use the latest swivel squeegee handle and not have cramping, shooting pain up wrist finger going numb etc.
So anyone that been following the YouTube videos been putting up you will see that have tried many different ways to solve this issue.
So the end result is what we have above, hoping it also helps other people with the same problems.
The people that have these problems feel your pain this is why I developed the handle.

2 Likes

I’m still i using a phone from 1936, with a few mods. Sound good?

What about a phone from 1957?

This is the technology we use in Window Cleaning. Keep it coming Herman.

@Infinity said “Not sure if that was a point. Lot’s of pro window cleaners like Unger equipment. But I bet if you looked at their sales numbers, the majority of units sold would be to janitorial companies, not full time window cleaners. Simply by the merit that there are a lot more janitorial companies than companies that specialize in window cleaning.”

In fact, I remember Mark Unger once saying that for every 1 squeegee he sells to a window cleaner, he sells 10 to a home owner. Home owners are the largest purchasers of cleaning equipment. (doesn’t mean they actually use the equipment. :wink: )

1 Like

if you’re using it as a phone to call people and not as a mini computer then yes, it is still good.

1 Like

i clean a lot of windows at houses that have squeegees in the garage.

2 Likes

As far as the development of the squeegee goes, I think there’s not much else that can change really. Everyone is going to have their own requirements as far as ergonomics but you can’t please everyone. If a person can’t find a squeegee handle that works for them at this point, they should really consider a different line of work.

That said, I’m sure there’s plenty of other time saving tools that could be developed to help us finish jobs faster, be more profitable, be safer on the job, etc.

1 Like

This is very normal statement have heard from many people over many years.
If you can’t use a squeegee handle you should consider changing your line of work. (what a cop out)
Because manufactures do not want to change as they already have a vested interest in handles now.
If they / manufactures brought out handle that works as what we have designed & developed.
They would affectedly obsolete there current handles.

While I get what you’re saying, I think this is kind of a loaded phrase; definitely has a negative connotation. It might be one reason why you’re getting negative feedback. It sounds like you’re attacking the manufacturers.

The thing is, I’m sure many manufacturers would be interested in selling tools that were more ergonomically centered, if they thought they could make money on them. Any new product has risks to the investor. So there has to be a solid business case for it.

Have you contacted Moerman? They brought the liquidator line to market when no one else would. They seem willing to take some risks on bold new ideas.

Sorry it comes across like that.
But regarding manufactures that may be interested in this only see what they want off it.
They are not interested what it does as a complete squeegee handle as far as they concerned there handles are just fine.
Have had a large manufacture interested, that was mentioned in an earlier post.
After talking to there, R+D department manager Paul very nice guy.
But we had to decline there proposals.

Up to date have done everything patented swivel movement.
Designed and developed handle unique shape to enable you to hold grip many different ways.
Connection to the handle can take not only square type quick locking systems but most cone shape locking or friction push cones.
Last but not lest have a squeegee channel clamping system that will clamp most any squeegee channels.
All the hard work has been done.
If anyone knows manufacture will take this complete squeegee handle set up as it is.
Please let me know.

2 Likes

Have a FB group now.
Believe this will have the solution to this.
HELP WINDOW CLEANERS WITH GRIPPING PAIN PROBLEMS GROUP
HELP WINDOW CLEANERS WITH GRIPPING PAIN PROBLEMS GROUP | Facebook

So everyone has one or more problems regarding RSI when using squeegees.
Believe it can be avoided before it starts.

IT’S NOT RSI WHEN USING WINDOW SQUEEGEES

Repetitive strain injury (RSI) is a general term used to describe the pain felt in caused by repetitive movement and overuse.

This is incorrect the repetitive or overuse has nothing to do with strain or the pain.
This happens when the muscles, nerves and tendons are over extended stretched’’.

Example: Rubber band you keep over stretching beyond it limits will weaken it to the point it will fatigue and not work properly.

Regarding the use of window squeegees same applies.

Why you ask??
Having the correct grip on the handle, the muscle, nerves and tendons will not be over extended or stretched in the first place.

However this is not possible as the handles themselves has not been designed to accommodate the end user.

If handle was designed to have end user hold the handle in more natural grip, would not be over extending / stretching muscles, nerves and tendons.

So with this in mind it may be more appropriate to call it.
Muscle Nerve Tendon Syndrome or MNTS.

In this particular case seems though it is the design of the actual handles that causes MNTS in my opinion.