Window washer falls to death at American Indian museum

[URL=“http://ap.google.com:80/article/ALeqM5gNy9uZoJEV_Gi6PRD5DUsJ7zOFtQD903RQN80”]Window washer falls to death at American Indian museum
1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A window washer at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian has fallen at least 50 feet to his death.

D.C. Fire Department spokesman Alan Etter says rescuers were called to the museum on the National Mall about 10 a.m. Thursday. It’s not clear whether the man’s safety harness failed or whether it had been engaged properly when he started work.

Authorities have not been able to identify the man. Etter says he appeared to be in his early 30s and worked for a contractor hired by the Smithsonian.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating.

I hate to hear that kinda thing. I cant wait for my WFP.

Why; do you currently use a safety harness?

A WFP is not for every application.

Think safety in whatever you do.

Don’t take safety for granted when you use a WFP.

Why; do you currently use a safety harness?

I think about it every time I step on a ladder

A WFP is not for every application.

You’re right

Don’t take safety for granted when you use a WFP.

I’m just looking forward to not falling off a roof

I am curious…if you were cleaning 2nd story windows at a home and using an extension ladder instead of a pole (for me it easier then using a pole). how would you use a saftey harness? A friend of mine had suggested using a safety line wrapped around the chimney, just in case the ladder would kick out or something. At least you wouldn’t fall a twist.sprain, or break an ankle and be out of work for the rest of the year!