Winter is here!

Yes, now it finally feels like winter. Here in North Bay we have well over a foot and a half of snow. and this morning it was -22C with a wind chill of -35C! supposed to be -20C tomorrow too, at least in the morning ! im thrilled…lol

that is better than here,
why you might ask, well today it is -19c in Oshawa
kinda damp as well
tomorrow, RAIN
do you know how much havac that will create?? yikes they can not drive here at the best of times…

well its -21 this morning, thank god there is only slight wind…guess ill be aiming to do as many insides as possible today!

-9° C in Toronto at the moment. (I guess I’m spoiled, LOL)

One exterior house job this morning; shouldn’t be too bad. At least it’s not windy like yesterday, YIKES.

For the Yanks; half of all Canadian conversations revolve around our weather. And the other half…I’d say taxes!

At this time of year I love to hear about your weather because it makes me feel warmer. Not always mind you, but alot!

Only half the conversations around weather. You should live in England. In winter that is our only topic of conversation.

I just woke up and it is 60 outside…

Its still green in the GTA right mark? -9…wow id love that, although its supposed to warm up a bit here in the next couple days.
Mark you forgot to mention our conversations here in Canada revolve around weather and hockey!!

No, we had snow today. Not too much tho.

Nice! i should get some pics of what it looks like here at the moment lol and post them, we got tons of the white stuff, and its cold cold cold. Supposed to warm up by tomorrow and have more snow though. Kinda wishing i had a snowmobile this year.

Okay look;

Here in America we were told the entire world was goin metric in ten years. I had to learn the stupid conversion simply for sake of tests.

We went and imported a bunch of stupid metric rulers, hand tools (sockets, open-end close end wrenches) thermometers…our cars had yellow speed numbers (American) and red ones (Metric) and we had speed limit signs etc all printed up in this two number crap.

Then…nadda. Turns out maybe it not such a good idea after all since we had the NUKE. (not sure if that is F* or C)

a few rednecks who owned guns and preference to not have every single number related to every other number by a factor of 10 decided we were gonna keep the American method or measuring a secret (even to ourselves)

so, when you Great White North guys post your weather…I am just stupid enough not to know…and smart enough not to care to figure out…how coold those numbers really are.

So, to me, 30 C means nothing. Now, I do not expect you guys to use our method either so how about we do this:

1. Not too cold
  2. Kinda chilly
  3. Brrrrrr
  4. Honey, put a log on the fire
  5. Honey, put ME in the fire
  6. Honey…what is fire?
  7. It is white outside
  8. It is white inside
  9. Damn!
  10. Lets go to Florida and stay with Phil

Then at least I will have a C-L-U-E how cold it really is when you metric freaks make a statement.
:slight_smile:

You know…
at first your post kinda pis… me off then as I read it I started laughen my ass off…

I realy like your weather definitions there, I might even send this to our local radio station…

ps. If you look at the top, we are in the Canadian sect,
but I will remember your weather changing system… TOO Funny…
ppss … the rest of the world is Metric… too many Nukes mean you keep the old Imperial Standard Hybrid system. A system that was modified by combining, British and Russian, conversion and measuring tables, just so you know… LOL

Yeah…I was totally ripping on us.

I really do have the ability to do some conversions…I just find it funny how I need to. Just to know if your feet are cold.

:slight_smile:

there is a good online conversion tool at :
http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

so when i posted it was -35C with the wind, it was -31F
currently it is -18C outside and im heading out to work, so for the Americans in here, its : 0.4 degrees F

Great tool Mark. Just for kicks I found that -459.67F is 0 Kelvin or absolute zero.

Actually Crazy cleaner is Eric
Beautiful View is Mark

another conversion for sure :eek:

I have been asked to do a construction clean, but with this weather, I am not sure, that any scapping or rubbing is any good with the crappy kinda windows they are making now. I must think on this, there is a lot of slop on the windows.

Thanks Ed. Sorry Eric and Mark. I was watching one of Mark’s videos just before that reply. Had a senior moment.:confused:

What does the weather have to do with customer education and a heat-treated glass waiver?

I’ve done plenty of residential CCU in the pouring rain or snow (“Gotta clean it before escrow closes!”)

Thanks for the coment to my comment…
http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/showthread.php5?p=24393#post24393

posted it here for some more info, thanks for your feedback by the way.

This all reminds me of the Alert scale system we have in place like you have on Fox News:

British Terror Alert:
The British are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have raised their security level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even "A Bit Cross."
Londoners have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists themselves have been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was during the great fire of 1666.