Wow. Just Wow

I completely agree, That is actually considered Assault and battery. When i worked for a cleaning company prior, I had this exact same thing occur and we pressed charges, and they got the customer on A&B… Assault is when you spit towards, at, or near someone, battery is when you physically touch them. Such as spit directly into their face, chest, arm, or poking them in the chest, vs pointing at them…

5 Likes

Pretty clear she had an agenda. That’s why I NEVER…EVER give a price over the phone. If I can’t meet them and do a walk around… I’m out.

2 Likes

Wow. Sounds like you have a winner of a crew. Good job.

2 Likes

No

seems like you’ve been gaslighted by a sociopathic team

no way to really know ahead of time what you’re dealing with, kudos to your crew leader, the husband would have been elated if he even just poked him back, “blackmailing” you with some outlandish story of being brutalized and calling the cops and pressing charges and on and on and on

he got want he wanted either way: a freebie, a game he “won” and entertainment for himself and he’s now probably bragging how great and smart he is to everyone

these types are a scourge of humanity

5 Likes

People like this will not call you back, they pull the same con game on another. I am heartless, I would bring the law in on it with a bull dog attorney doing my talking for me. :wink:

5 Likes

Do your phone quote with the stipulation that it is to be verified for accuracy when your team gets there, and THAT will be the actual quote. That way there is plenty of time for her to tell her criminal husband.

We always confirm the actual price before starting work. They knew. This was a customer stealing.

5 Likes

Get them to sign the quote before starting to save yourself in the future.

4 Likes

Yup an I would take them to small claims court. Sometimes it don’t even get that far. They will not want to take the day off to go somewhere where they know they don’t have a chance in hell if winning
You can even keep postponing the date. They’ll jace to keep taking offf. :grin:

2 Likes

Something similar happens to me this year. The lady was upset that I just brushed her screens. She wanted me to use the screen cleaning machine like I did last time. I told it broke. I didn’t bring it with me. I said your screens were brushed An wiped down with a wet rag. She flipped on me.

Them said forget it just put hem back in. I said fine. She said I’m only paying you half. It was a 300 dollar job so it wasn’t worth small claims, I thought for sure she was going to leave a bad review, Becuse I couldn’t control my mouth after she paid me half. :joy::scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
But she never left he review. Wonder if she thiuggt it was me that throughl the brick through the window. Haaaaaaa. No I didn’t JK

The husband was probably pissed off because he can’t make that much in a day, so in his mind he thinks that a window cleaner is lower than him and can’t possibly make more than he does at his 9 to 5 job. Those are the people I don’t do business with, because it’s always something.

2 Likes