Yellow Page ad

I have been following this thread and just wanted to add a few thoughts.

1. I like the ad that Kevin has created. It stands out from the rest of the ads you see in the yellow pages ads for window cleaners. Being different gets attention.

2. Being such a small ad, you need something to get there attention. A picture of the couple sitting in their bedroom does that. It says look at this- to me anyway.

3. As for the big companies having huge marketing departments, they may, but that does not mean they are good. I worked for a huge service company for seven years as a manger and they would push out marketing brochures and information sheets with errors all over them. I once took a handout that we left in all of our customers invoices and circled all the misspelled words. I turned it into my branch manager. He passed them on to his boss. The next year when we go the shipments in again. You guessed it, the same errors nothing changed. I said all of this just to make a point. Although big companies have billion dollar marketing budgets does not mean that they are better than us.

Just do not check to see if I can spell or not. lol

Derek

It is a funny phenomena. (if that’s how you spell it…)

I buy magazines loaded with weak advertising all the time. And these ads are in magazines with prices around $30,000+ per full page ad.

Buy a Car & Driver, a GQ, a Robbs Report (there’s a little secret tip for those of you looking to market to the affluent), Architectural Digest, etc, and you’ll find weak ads in all of them.

Amazing but true.

Kevin, thanks for your wisdom, patience and time you’ve put into helping me on this. I owe ya!

You are WELCOME, man.

I think it’s been a great exercise for everyone tuning in (hottest thread, maybe?), because we actually got our hands dirty and took it apart, and then put it back together again.

[I]Anyone can spin conjecture, but [B]doing [/B]is where it’s at.[/I]

And, YES - you certainly do owe me! (nah…its fine…) Besides, this is supposed to be “my thing”, right? Coaching and marketing advice. So take it.

First one’s free!