You're killing me, Metallic Ladder Co.!

I had never seen a 5 ft piece either, but when the half started selling out real fast after that news I ended up buying one of the 5ft’s before those ran out too. It’s kind of a strange piece, we rarely use it, but when we do its more like using a regular section.

Speaking of Osha and sectional ladders. I have a customer that is being fined 2400 bucks for not having the stickers on the ladder that show proper angle and because the chains on his clips were rusty. He plans to show up and appeal the charges with stickers and new chains.

That’s crazy. It seems that either the osha inspector was having a really bad day, or someone is out to get your customer for some reason…

Does the half piece have 3 rungs, and the 5’ piece 4 rungs?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Rusty clips! :rolleyes:

Don’t send 'em MY way… my personal set doesn’t even HAVE clips!
(my guys all do, but I shuffle like fish swim.)

If OSHA had their way, we’ only be allowed to clean windows through ‘mental telepathy’ from the ground.

• and even then, they’d STILL fine you for not wearing a hard hat! :rolleyes:

Btw, @JfromtheD, thanks for filling us in on the details. It stinks, but I can see where they’re coming from now. It’s a shame how litigious everyone is, that they would try go after the ladder manufacturer, when it’s an obvious case of blatant stupidity. (I’m guessing it’s some other involved insurance company, in a desperate attempt to avoid a payout. But still…)

I do find it sadly ironic that in this effort to appease their insurance underwriters, they are actually putting the end user at greater risk :mad:

No, rusty CHAINS for the clips. They’re not even a structural part of the ladder. They’re just there to hold the safety pins! Safety pins that were actually present!

and as far as the missing stickers: If anyone on your crew has to look at the sticker to be reminded of how a ladder is supposed to look, you’ve got problems… But thankfully, it would most likely mean they’re also too dumb to figure out how to stack a set of sectionals :slight_smile:

Yes.

Anyone who’s stickers are still 100% readable, isn’t USING them.

Lol- “chains” - I totally missed that.
But it doesn’t surprise me a bit.