$100,000

We completed our 4th year at 102K and turned a profit! We did a BIG Deal with Angie’s List in the summer / fall and received 65 leads from it! Our marketing is set for this year with Angie’s List Big Deal that hits at the end of the month. We expect to double our leads from the fall and go from one truck to two trucks. We offer window washing, pressure washing, roof & house washes, scratch removal (just added) and gutter cleaning. All these services will be offered as our leads come in from AL. We don’t want to leave any $$ on the table and expect to double our sales from last year. We also work with a cleaning company that refers us like crazy and we also return the favor. We also send out our newsletters to over 2k past and present customers twice a month. My last day of severance pay is today, so I’m 100% full time to our business. If I can help anyone, please let me know. PM me if you want to receive our newsletter.

1 Like

I do 2 scheduled referrals and I give 50% off.

1 Like

i do the 10% referral but with a little bit of a twist

when i get a referal, whether its a friend or a customer, i show up at their door and i cut a check for 10% with a big smile and a thank you.

1 Like

We do something similar. Ours is five and free

1 Like

We are starting to book out three + weeks and I am seriously considering adding another truck. Just a little worried about when I slows down but one window job pays a truck payment for a month right? I feel like we could generate enough extra revenue to justify the debt, how do I know for sure?

1 Like

also you might be able to save up 2-3 truck payments (July, August, September) during the next two months… so those are already in the back, worry-free. Then when it gets crazy again October, November, December… you could save January, February.

Not sure exactly how your seasons are… but that’s how mine works. So that’s what I would try to do.

A bigger concern would be finding, training, and paying someone to drive the truck.

1 Like

I’ve got two dependable guys who can run the trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Like

I have a cargo van with all my wc’ing supplies in it…wfp, the whole works.

This spring I bought a truck and 10 foot enclosed trailer. I had a power washing
system built which includes…surface cleaning, soft washing, roof cleaning and pure water.

Having a second work vehicle is very vital. It gives you so many more options. I have
two guys for the window van and one guy mostly for the pw’ing rig.

Soft washing this spring has been surprisingly great!

1 Like

I know it’s spring time and all, but we are in pace to smash our $200k goal. That second truck has been a game changer. Thanks Nick!

1 Like

You’re going to get very little from the referral card, so let’s focus on advertising.

If you send out 4000 fliers per month and get a 1% response, that is 40 jobs. If
the average job pays $200 that is $8,000. Times 12 is $96,000

The hard part is the ‘lean’ months of August and December-April. I would advertise
heavier in those months to offset the lower response rate.

The more real you make the numbers the more you will be able to figure out what
needs to be done.

Hope that helps a little :slight_smile:

Guys, hard work pays off. We hit our revenue goal 3 months ahead of schedule! Have a great 2013 everybody! Make your own economy and keep pressing on!

3 Likes

But start a few weeks before you get slow. I’d advertise heavier when you’re busy. When you’re slow it’s almost too late.

1 Like

Curious…why $100,000?

“Clean windows make mamma happy!”

The original post was last year so he may or may not answer you. My guess is its kind of a goal set by the poster. If you get to $100,000 you are successful. I think all of us have our own gage of success. $100,000 is a good start

2 Likes

Wow all this is very helpful. Today I did my first promotion. Going around to small storefronts giving them a flyer about a first time cleaning only $20. What I learned today was that its not only about getting them to say yes to your promotion. Some people that didn’t or could’t say yes to the promotion asked me to maybe come out to their house and estimate it. So I feel like just letting people know your in business helps a lot. So my plan is to do more promotion and go around more often. This will get the word out that im in business and ready to clean windows. I did get one person today to say yes the promo…Only went into about 20 stores…Some said they had to give the flyer to their boss, but over all I feel pretty good about today.

1 Like

Everyone who’s making 100,000 or more, how many employees do you have?

1 Like

I agree. I had originally said more, but I realized this wasn’t in the WCRA part of the forum, and I didn’t want to give away my secrets… sorry :smiley:

Wow… times done changed :slight_smile:

1 Like