100k a year only on the weekends?

Hey guys I’m new to the industry. I haven’t started my business yet but I’m close to pulling the trigger to start getting everything together to start. You all may think I’m crazy but I’m going to shoot for the stars and challenge myself to do what I think is almost impossible. My challenge is to work a full time job and do 100k a year only cleaning windows on the weekends. I’m not saying that I wont be doing any scheduling or marketing or anything else during the week and I know that I can’t do all of the work myself that it will require a ton of hours and lots of help but I’m up for the challenge. I’m open to all opinions/criticism/help that you can dish.

1 Like

Is the 100k from window cleaning alone or from both jobs?

Window cleaning alone

Do you mean 100k combined, or 100k from Windows alone?

Cause 100k on weekends means you would need to do like $1000 per day, both days, every weekend, all year.

How much do you make at your current job? If you can make that kind of money so reliably doing windows, then why bother with the other job at all?

7 Likes

I suppose everyone’s different and you gotta do what works for you. Me personally? I’d burn out and get very discouraged with a goal like that. I prefer a baby steps approach. But as one of my favorite hip-hop songs says, “Aim for the stars so if you fall you fall in the clouds.”

2 Likes

That’s the big question. If you can not only schedule and manage 100k of work during the week along a side a full time job then think of how much you could schedule and manage if you were to drop the full time job.

I think 100k the first year would be tough enough without a job. You have to consider 2 things. 1 the only way to fill the schedule right out of the gate and keep it going all year is either to spend time during the week selling (which conflicts with a full time job), or spend a lot of money advertising which cuts into your 100k. 2nd if you don’t fill the schedule right away you will have to do more than a grand a day the second half of the year to make up the difference.

I would say a more accurate goal would be set a net profit amount for the year. It doesn’t matter if you make 100k if you spend 60k to put it on the schedule.

1 Like

You might be best to test the water first. In my opinion it’s not doable. This isn’t a “get rich quick” type of business.

But hey, if you’re so motivated. Go for it!

2 Likes

I know its not a get rich quick type of business. Also I’m not expecting to be able to do this in the first year, I hoping to make this possible in a few years. Grow it slow on the weekends. I know that this is impossible to do but that’s why it makes such an interesting challenge because I’m not aware of anyone else that has tried something like this.

What jobs are lined up for this weekend? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m struggling to find a balance between being encouraging, but also being realistic. I’m a big believer that you have to tune out naysayers in life. Many great things have been achieved despite the majority saying it can’t be done.

That said, I also believe that you set yourself up for discouragement and possibly failure if your goals aren’t realistic. Many of the guys on this forum are very successful business owners and know what’s generally realistic and what isn’t. Imo 100k on weekends is unrealistic even after a few years. And can you really sustain working full-time and building a business of that level over the course of years? It doesn’t sound balanced. Even if you could do it, you’ll be sacrificing something, likely something that’s ultimately more important. Friends, family, your health… Something will give. Sure there’s a few people on this earth that can do this. CEO’s, presidents maybe.

Fwiw, I would say a more balanced approach is to count the cost, set realistic expectations, create a sustainable and flexible plan, and go with what has proven to work. Work hard? Of course. Stay positive? Definitely. Take risks? As needed.

OK lecture over lol. Best of luck and welcome.

7 Likes

Weirdos

2 Likes

To let you know there have been many posts like this on this forum.

Good luck on your journey.

3 Likes

Great question! :wink:

1 Like

Nah, not them I know a few of those! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think the issue is more why would you want to make that a goal? If you are capable of putting 100k on the schedule on the weekends then you could easily quit your job and make up the difference in a short period of time. Why kill yourself trying to do it on the weekends while holding onto a full time job?

I’m not meaning this to be an insult in any way, but… Lol I’m going to insult you anyways. I just don’t mean it in a negative way but just as constructive criticism. I think if you were to rethink the goal you would realize there are much better goals to shoot for that have way more benefits. It seems more like a goal that seemed good because you didn’t realize there were better goals that could be achieved with less effort and greater rewards.

That said it’s definitely doable. I think the reason people haven’t done it is because of what I said. There are better goals to shoot for. It is doable though. I think your struggle would mainly be not being able to manage it. Cleaning the windows is only half of the work. If your week is taken up with your job, and your weekend cleaning Windows, when will you grow and manage the company? Unless you have an initial investment that can keep you going to pay some employees to do the work while you manage it on the weekends then you will have to spend your evenings during the week calling customers, going over the numbers, working on marketing etc. Then it’s not really a weekend business.

3 Likes

I agree but with some stipulations

• knowledge of the industry
  • a road map to your end goal.
  • strict disciple

To name a few.

2 Likes

New to window cleaning, not possible.
Experienced, going on your own, possible.

Why not just worry about filling up every weekend first?

3 Likes

Keith…keith kalfas…is that you?!!

6 Likes

Trust me when I say that I’m an easy going guy that I can take whatever is said and not be insulted. That’s why I posted this. I wanted to get everyone’s feelings on this and go from there. If most of you think this is unrealistic than I will re-evaluate my goals. I still want to make this a weekend business but perhaps come up with a new goal that isn’t as high. Thanks everyone for the continued support!

1 Like

Funny LOL! but no. I hope you weren’t looking for an autograph!:grinning:

2 Likes