100k a year only on the weekends?

Doing the work yourself? Not realistic. Good at marketing / promoting business and able to use employees or sub contractors? Realistic, but if that’s the case, why not work a 5-6 day week and knock down $250k to $300k? Sidebar: if you have english blue shams and 17" zorbos, anything is possible.

3 Likes

100k weekends only hmmmmmm.

How I look at that is WOW do you have an area that will support 1k per day every 2 days for 52 weeks ? And if so like stated before why not run it 5 days a week and grab 5k per week 260k a year.

And you also say windows only with no add on am I right ? If you add on the would boost the invoice per job.

Also you are new so I’m guessing you haven’t spent on advertising yet. How will you be getting the jobs to fill 52 weeks. Every day you don’t make the 1k per day will add to the following day profit needed.

Good luck and I hope you reach the goal. Keep us informed

3 Likes

Commercial (or maybe even residential) pressure washing, I could see making 100k just on the weekends, with as little as a two man team. But as everyone else has mentioned, “to what end?”

Do you really love your day job or benefits that much, to not let it go?

It will likely take several years of grinding to get a weekend-only business up to $100k. I think the more sane approach would be to test out the waters doing weekend work for awhile, with your focus on (1) building a reliable funnel for new jobs, and (2) maximizing hourly productivity.

If you can nail those down, and save up a little nest egg to tide you over, then jump ship from the day job and take the business where you really want it to go.

If you learn a way of consistently bringing in $1000/day/crew, for two or more days every week of the year, you’ll be ahead of probably 90% of the forum members here (myself included).

3 Likes

You guys are to much😂. I’m glad that I have sparked so much conversation with my first post and makes me feel good that so many of you are willing to offer your honest opinion on this subject. I look forward to learning so much more from all of you. I have taken all of your opinions and will be rethinking my unrealistic goal and I will be coming up something different. To be honest guys if I could grow my business to be that big only on the weekends I would quit my job. I’m not a fool I would not kill myself doing both and would hire help along the way. Thanks again for all of your support!

3 Likes

actually i think @windowsrx is pretty close to the amount of time equivilant to just full weekends but he didn’t get there right away.

also your are lucky in that most of us are pretty easy going and welcoming. if certain members from the past were still around you might have been instantly disemboweled.

:joy:
:cactus:27.

8 Likes

Im easy going and welcoming?Ah thanks man!

3 Likes

Your easy to deal with.

4 Likes

Yeah,…No. Not going to happen.

A 100k business is a LOT of work, and you will not do it while holding a full time job, let alone in your first couple of years. Like a lot of the guys here, been there, done that.

Even when you finally get some type of customer base, you would be lucky to do it after a couple of years.

If you are working full time at your regular job, there are just not enough hours in the day to grow it. The old saying of “doing the work is easy, getting the work is the hard part” comes into play here. Any trade work takes a little time to learn and window cleaning is not different. I have done a little (very little) window cleaning and it is damn near and art form. We are roof cleaners by trade, but WCR lurkers and occasional poster.

If you are in a market where there are no window cleaners and the demand is there, you will do good. If you are in a competitive market place, where there are guys with established window cleaning businesses, it is not going to be a cake walk by any means. Starting a business is never, ever, a get rich quick opportunity.

If you have some money set aside to hire people you have a better shot. You will need to market the business, visit and quote the jobs, do the work, help run the business, buy supplies, follow up on small complaints or questions, follow up on overdue invoices, take care of payroll, take care of accounting and filing, payroll…It is endless, you get the picture.

100K is doable, but not on weekends. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

If you want to gross $100K in a year working weekends only then the most realistic option would to buy a preexisting business that is annually grossing $100K with the owner working only on weekends.

I don’t think you will find such a business but I would LOVE to be wrong, because I would also LOVE to get that gross working weekends only.

Edit: If you find that preexisting business best keep it quiet or there will be a bidding war!

3 Likes

If you can build a million dollar window cleaning operation working only weekends, then you can do a lot better than starting window cleaning.

(You’ll need to make a million if you want 100k take home without being involved)

2 Likes

To make 100K per year he would have to have enough work for possibly 2 or 3 workers plus himself, and cover wages and cost in order to swing two days a week - IF enough people want their windows cleaned on Saturday and Sunday.

Lol

Dude I just did my taxes and I raked in a little less than 110 as a 1 man show…I didn’t see my kids or surf for 8 months. Its rare that I am in a house under 4000sq ft and my route work is all buildings set up quarterly or biannual. good luck homie cuz there are guys around that are really good at this job. I didn’t even looked at a squegee until last week since Christmas. I took that long for my body to recover. I think a more realistic goal would be maybe 10gs if u hustle around ur neighborhood drumming up business every weeknight to set up for Sunday? Idk who wants a window cleaner all over there house on Sunday…Sunday for commercial stuff brother

1 Like

I have to disagree. He wouldn’t have to do any work accept grow and manage the business. Yes at first he would have to do the work but to do 100k a year would only take 2-3 guys max doing the work. Remember with 3 guys were only talking about $333.00 each day each. That easy!

Also I don’t see finding workers as a problem either. He could hire college guys etc. Who are only looking for part time work on the weekends. There are a lot of people working for part time work on the weekends and what better job than one that let you be off by 2:00-3:00.

I would say his biggest obstacle would be filling the schedule with weekend only customers and communicating with customers and vendors as many people want to communicate during the week and during business hours.

2 Likes

That is what it looks like on paper; in reality I don’t imagine that it works out that way. I think we in the business know the difficulty to swing those numbers on a WEEKLY basis, let alone only TWO DAYS A WEEK.

On paper calling for 3 guys to pull $333 per day for two days for 52 weeks?

Here are some not on paper holes to ponder:

1. Inclement weather - can’t control Mother Nature; live in the land of the snow? You’re screwed.
  2. College kids like to party on weekends - hung over, out of town, holiday weekends, social time with friends, they all add up.
  3. Customer cancels - who hasn’t experienced this? (Only 51, or fewer, other weekends to reschedule, but they are all booked.
  4. Flu season - need I say more?

Bottom line, great idea to rise to the top with weekends only, but impractical.

6 Likes

@buddyo, is that you? :smirk:

1 Like

Nope

There’s something wrong with ur math home skilllet

1 Like

Somebody speaks the truth! Rock on @Moges1975

How so? If you have 3 guys doing $333.00 a day two days a week every weekend, let’s say 50 weekends to give 2 weekends off that 100k.Im not sure what kind of calculator your using son.