12" or 18" brush?

12" for cutups and 18" for everything else? 18" for everything?

what’s your experience? I’ll be doing a little commercial and a lot of residential.

We use 14 for resi

18 or 22 for comm

and like 6 for cut ups

1 Like

Maybe venture into using a hog hair brush for exterior applications.This way you don’t have to be so selective on brush/wand/mop sizes, a GREAT size is a 10"

For interior cleaning i can’t say enough about D.I. & Denatured alcohol a 50/50 mix along with 2 micro-fiber towels 1 to apply the other to buff!

are those wfp brush sizes you’re talking about or strip washers?

If it’s a WFP brush my bad as well:D i like 12" for residential.Highly recommend the reach 12" hog hair truly the BOMB. That is if thats what your wondering?

that’s exactly what I was wondering. Thanks.

With the lighter poles, most of us over here are looking for lighter heads so its not to top heavy. Some have even made brush heads from supermarket store brands with relative success. I’ve had a go with them - and I’m not a fan, even after drilling the plastic & trimming the hairs. The popular Vikan brush has probably out sold all others, its a heavy brush & I didn’t think much of it.
Jeff Brimble has even used a 6" paintbrush with jets, I did the same & its great for cleaning windows through bars, something for developers to think about for problem windows.

Can you put a hogs hair brush on an ionics universal pole? or multipole?

I dont really think that would be an option? As most i’ve seen are for WFP’s with metal heads.Now…the “Reach” hog hair would do nicely!

Fitted with those nice pencil jets its… on like donkey kong:D

I keep coming back to shawn’s products. I’m just waiting on the $$.

I believe the banner posting after mine won’t allow me to delete my post.

Over a period of time I have realised that we all have different preferences sizes and jobs. You need an assortment of heads to have a solution for all scenarios, so start collecting. Here is a pic of the angle adjustable natural paintbrush head Karlos mentioned. I use it quite a lot (external)gutters etc and because its adjustable it will reach round corners when put on an Unger adjustable elbow, the hose is algarde silicon.

Heres a really odd brush that will do cills as well and is light The elbows allow the head to swivel into/over different angles.
The swivel effect is something that really needs developing as it makes the job so easy and profitable.

Is that a flash light you have clamped on your pole? If so why?

It helps for early cleaning or for when the nights start coming in early.

For interior cleaning i can’t say enough about D.I. & Denatured alcohol a 50/50 mix along with 2 micro-fiber towels 1 to apply the other to buff![/QUOTE]

Is that all you use for inside work? No squeegee? No streaks? I haven’t heard of that up to this point.

[quote=“dlb77777,post:15,topic:490”]

Is that all you use for inside work? No squeegee? No streaks? I haven’t heard of that up to this point.[/QUOTE]
The reference is to cut-ups. It works in most cases, but there are always exceptions.

What process do you follow?

Absolutely always some drawbacks! Especially if the cut-ups are real “mankie”:smiley: then you certainly want to get them dialed in properly ie: traditionally!

I’m reading that this is used to thin paint, what does it do to wood work…or your hands?:eek:
http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/ace-denatured-alcohol-prime-grade-ethanol-p-2544.html?ref=42

Best way to apply it Stud…is with a spray bottle “mist setting” just on the glass then…use 2 micro-fiber towels 1 to apply the other to buff.

Boom Bada Bing…quick & sic baby;)

Is that link to the correct stuff?

I guess this would go against the 100% GREEN angle I’ve taken