1st one star review

Reply politely if you want but beyond that, just ignore her and move on. Her review reads like whining. You have enough good reviews to paint an accurate picture for anyone who cares to read through them.

2 Likes

We understand your upset that your home doesnā€™t fit into our new company policy at 150.00 minimum, an we are sorry to hear this.
As per our conversation we will be glad to come by an give you the same great service we did our first visit , which is the reason Iā€™m sure you called us back.
We just need to reach that minimum to satisfy our policy.
Thanks , an we Hope to see you soon !

There is always going to be Someine who doesnā€™t understand it, an get all offended by it, but to bad
To leave a review because of it , is just down right ridiculous

Morninā€™! Just did some home work. The person that blasted Ben has other very negative reviews for several small businesses. It seems that some people live to hurt others, that is their mission. While it was tempting to quote same, I have decided against it as there are copyright laws to consider. May the good in this situation come out through what seems very negative at the moment. We are in sales. We will not please everyone. If we encounter negative opinion, we still have to carry on and believe in what we do. Thank you for this post and topic.

Honestly this thread has me leaning into the path of checking out potential customers before I even commit to giving a quote outā€¦

6 Likes

Now moving on to customers who appreciate my services.

my reply would not be so much FOR her but simply TOO her for the sake of others.

2 Likes

That review will not stop a sane person. From using you. It actually could keep an insane person away.

3 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

Based on loveglassā€™ quotes it sounds like she has suffered a medical injury and it has perhaps turned her bitter, i feel bad for her.

1 Like

I donā€™t and would not.

I feel empathy for people who donā€™t try to cause harm or otherwise be a jerk to other people. She doesnā€™t fit in that categoryā€¦

2 Likes

I guess thatā€™s you then.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you cant please everyone manā€¦ youā€™ll be alright, take this lick and move on to the next and let good reviews flood out her negative one.

1 Like

Ben, went to your reviews again to see if you responded. I think ya done good.Congrats on taking on your first employee. You are the best. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My online presence is minimal because of stuff like thatā€¦ I got a Facebook page thats only a few months old and thatā€™s it lol. I get allot of business by personal hustling and word of mouth (aka referrals)

This was Yelpā€™s reply to my request:

I hate yelpā€¦

1 Like

thanks for the attempt, but I think Iā€™ve heard that a well responded to one star review is even better than a 5-star review. Iā€™m not really upset about it being there I think most people can see that the review says more about her than about us.

4 Likes

can you send Yelp a note and explain what happened and see if they can remove your useful click?

If he isnā€™t paying for Yelp, they probably wonā€™t remove it.

Iā€™ve heard from other guys, that all your good reviews wonā€™t show up either, if you arenā€™t paying.

All Yelp is for me is SEO juice. I hang up on them every time they call, and block their number. Iā€™m not wasting money with those clowns.

Or, the internet brings out the worst people. :wink: Sheā€™s the exact type people I wish not to serve.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten a few one-star reviews myself over the years, besides the fact you canā€™t please everyone, the silver lining in this situation is definitely your professional response and it also reassures the world that your business actually has a pulse. Anyone in their right mind knows that thereā€™s going to be negativity when you put it out there to the public. I often ask people that find me on Yelp if theyā€™ve read all my reviews, and they generally have and are downright amused by the bad ones but appreciate my responses and took that into consideration when choosing my company. No matter how you slice it, a bad review sucks and can be difficult to not take personally. Hopefully this takes a little bit of the sting out of it.

1 Like