2.5 story double panes

Hello!

I was wanting to know how you guys would handle this:

About a couple months ago, I quoted a monster house. $1700ish to be exact (just Window Cleaning) so you can imagine how big this house is.

It’s a 2.5 story house with 2.5 story ceilings inside.
The house has some PRETTY big double panes at this height. I’m not quite sure 1 person could even handle the size of that glass at that height.

So my question is: How would you guys handle a rather large double pane at this height?
Ladder up still?
I’m at a loss. I haven’t come across double panes at this size/height in the 4 years I’ve been solo.

Any suggestions welcome, please!

No pics?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures. Maybe I can get the homeowner to send me a picture. Lol :slight_smile:

Google maps man. Ya got the address dont ya ?

Well I could do that, but it won’t show the backyard inside the house. :stuck_out_tongue:

Already too much thought into it. Coulda been cleaned already :joy:
Its hard to understand the problem without seeing or reading theyre PRETTY big. If its too big for one ladder placement, do it a half at a time. Cant use ladders? Room for a pole?

1 Like

I don’t want this to be taken the wrong way, but why would you quote/bid a job that you had no idea how to that scope of work. That thought process eludes me…

If you can post pics maybe somebody here can walk you through the correct process to access and clean them.

Just off the top of my head do the panes in sections… without pics it’s hard to help.

3 Likes

1 Like

Wow u drove there fast.
2 ladder sets oughta do it. Looks like you can reach halfway without overextending

1 Like

Here is a picture of the glass. It’s all ladder work inside, double paned. So suggestions: go!

Although, I did let her know that I would rather not clean it than try to clean it and break it, and if she didn’t want that, then she could hire a different company. So at least she knows that, but she was pretty excited to have this one piece cleaned especially.

1 Like

Xd. She was kind enough to send me a picture. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The top semicircle is one solid piece inside, by the way.

1 Like

@ahm915 ^^^^ there’s your answer. I was picturing something huge in regards to pane size.
You got this.

2 Likes

What do you mean 2 ladder sets?

1 Like

A ladder set is the act of setting up the ladder. So, put the ladder on the right, clean half, then put it on the left and clean the other half.

I feel this is perfect for stack ladders. Would make quick, easy work of those.

3 Likes

The inside is double paned! So the whole top semi circle on the inside has to be taken out and cleaned.

So I’m asking you guys how you would handle taking that big semi circle pane out from the inside.

Just manhandle it out? Or how would you guys remove it?

1 Like

If it wasn’t double paned, this would be 2ez. So that’s the only reason I’m asking you guys.

1 Like

Oh! I think double-paned isn’t the right word and so we were confused. Do you mean that those are storm panes?

2 Likes

The inside panes are removable from the inside. So yes. My apologies.

Ahhh, so its like a storm? Its removable by clips with another piece of glass behind it? Thats the confusion.

1 Like