20-year-old Student has questions about Sales as a Window Cleaner

I am student, 20-years-old, living in Denmark and is about to start a window cleaning business. I will bike around Copenhagen cleaning windows in the area I live. But since I have started thinking about this, I have gathered up quite a few questions. I have questions about every single part of the window cleaning business and I will therefore make several posts. Hopefully you guys can help me and I might end up doing a guide to starting a window cleaning business after everything is answered to help others. But this post is about selling and sales.

Questions:
First off I would like to ask about getting customers. How do you get customers do you find a phone book and ring up people in the neighborhood, do you knock on doors, do you advertise on Google or Facebook, do you put flyers in postboxes/mailboxes in your neighborhood?

Secondly how do you price your service and what factors in to the pricing?
Do you price on the volume of panes, the size of panes, the square footage of the house, the amount of time you think you’ll spend on doing the house? The amount of time spend going to the place? Do you have multiple packages that includes different services, like cleaning screens? And lastly about pricing, do you take into account the price of your competitors and how do you differentiate your business from your competitors.

Thirdly how do you make deals with customers? I assume you set a date, time and price. But do you make one time deals or do you come around like every 3 months or how does that work?

Fourthly do you have a web presence? Do you have a Facebook page or a website or do you have both. And what is recommended for a newbie?
If you think I should have a website what software should I use to make it, Shopify, Wordpress or something else?

I know this is a lot of questions and I am hoping that you can answer just some of them.

Welcome to the forum :grin:. We have archives going back to 2007, covering all of your questions and then some from pretty much every viewpoint and angle imaginable. My sincere suggestion is to start reading. Use the search feature. You will be amazed at what there is to learn.

If you have some questions more specific to your situation, ask away :wink:

2 Likes