2017 Van Build "007 Window Cleaning"

Hey everyone,

I have been lurking mostly until this year I finally become a WCRA PWRA member and figured I should get active so you should see me around and offering advise as I can to everyone and learning probably way more from all of you. So here it is… I have been using a truck setup and I am completely tired of having to unload the truck every night as and of course space becomes an issue quick with just the bed and tool box.

Here is my Van I just picked up for dirt cheap.

1998 Dodge Van Ram 1500
38,000 actual miles
Decent tires, and no major cosmetics
AC/Heat Work
Needs Water Pump

Cost $700.00 USD.

Step 1

• Rolled in Liner in back to just below the windows
  • Tint the windows dark so thieves can’t see in.
  • Fresh exterior Paint
  • Letter and Logo on sides and back door.

Step 2:

• Buy my water fed system and all gear for my DIY
  • Build shelving or buy have not decided

Step 3:

• Put it to work to put food on the table

I know there will be many more steps but 1st things 1st right?

I will post pictures as I go and would love any ideas or feedback as I proceed. I am excited to get started on it and need it done quickly as the season is hopefully about to really pick up.

Have a great week guys!

Uploading…

1 Like

Looks like that’s a pretty serviceable vehicle for 700
:+1:

3 Likes

Good deal!

May I suggest: skip the tinting and get vinyl perf with signage. You don’t have to make it a full wrap, but it will double your ‘real estate’ for lettering up the van. It will also accomplish your goal of privacy, without looking totally sketch…

Also, I can’t see the entire exterior from the pics, but it looks like a good buff and wax should bring back some shine. Might not need to drop the money on a new paint job.

Keep your eyes on craigslist and elsewhere for good used van shelving. You can build shelves yourself, but it’s a lot of work. And new shelves are $$$$

4 Likes

Funny you should say that about buffing after taking a look today it might buff out and be ok especially if I spend that money on a partial wrap. I have a friend that owns a body shop so I just have to buy supplies and he is gonna shoot the paint for me. So it won’t be to expensive.

Good idea on Craigslist but I have been looking like crazy for shelving as I really don’t want to build it as it’s a lot of time that I could be knocking on doors.

Thanks for the feed back. I will post another picture now that it’s daylight

I like it! I have 2004 f250, it nice, not all beat up. I use a lot of gas all week!! You might want to start charging a fuel surcharge! Unless you have a 6 cylinder in it? But I’m looking for a van. I think I’m going with something small.
Don’t tint your windows just wrapped the vehicle. Right over the windows,it’ll look cool ,and the van I’ll look better on the outside! Good luck with everything!

I do my best not to charge a fuel surcharge as if I get a call for residential that is out of my area I tell them its out of my area and not really worth the trip unless I charge for fuel. But if they know of 2 neighbors that want theirs cleaned also I will give them $50.00 off and no charge for fuel :slight_smile: it has had a 100% success rate of finding at least 1 extra neighbor.

So has anyone seen those Xline systems from the UK. I love how clean it looks in a van setup. I can’t afford it so I am doing a DIY job but can’t find the external ports online. I have some diy ideas but if anyone knows of them please send me a link You can see it on the bottom left under than van… It has the quick connect for input, output, pole 1 and pole 2. I love this and going to do something similar on my van.

Agree with what others have said here - go for wrap instead of tint.

I have no experience with WFP, so have no idea about the connectors, but could you make your own similar setup using air hose fittings?

They rust out very quickly. Use stainless power washing quick connects, or the plastic garden hose connectors.

Good suggesting Alex ! One thing though it doesn’t have to be perf as long as he doesn’t need to see out.
Another thing is if he does this he would have to register the vechike as commercial. I mean he should anyway it’s not worth the risk

Ya … I wouldn’t do that. I mean it’s just a suggestion you can do what ya want , but it sounds cheesy Just give them the price if they take it …they take it .
Have a minimum that your willing to drive out there for, An make the price worth your trip.
In my eyes no need to say hey I jace a fuel charge for that area

1 Like

Try Rectus fittings, Ive used them for years and are durable, don’t leak and come in many sizes, barbed or threaded to go from pole hose or water hose.

3 Likes

Great van for starting out.If you are looking to keep thieves out i would ply line the entire back section of the van and bring it up the sides as well to keep any chance of someone breaking the side windows just to have a look.Other option would be to ask your friend in the body shop to remove the side windows on the rear and replace them with steel.

Try windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk for the fittings or contact them directly and they could help point you in the right direction.

I will try them just figured having something shipped to the USA might be better to just by fittings and fabricate it myself. I was just trying to get an easy way out on a few things. My mount for the water tanks and WPS and ladder rack is going to be done by the high school welding class for the cost of the materials. So I can’t wait to show you guys what I come up with and of course I will keep cost records as I hope to share the plan with you guys to potentially build your own and have a clean DIY and save some money.

I will ask my friend at the shop about replacing with steal panels as that is what I want but trying to keep the cost as low as possible but still having a clean sharp work van

Thats great man,look forward to see how it turns out.

Hi Floyd, we can supply our external van port plates to you from here in the UK. We just don’t list these on our site as they are normally sold with our truck mounted systems.

Let me know if you are still interested in sourcing one.

1 Like

I am interested. If you you like you can PM me or email me a list of products you can ship to the USA. There are a few things I might be interested in as my favorite color is Orange :slight_smile: Thanks for reaching out.

1 Like

Floyd, I’m new to the forum, and not sure how to PM you, but i have got your email from your website so will send you and email when im back in the office.

Also not able to see your video or a lik to one. :slight_smile:

Email will work fine. Also I can send a link back to you. First time posting a video and I tried to do it from my phone so I will check that when I get back to a computer. Thanks again.

I am also for sure interested in the orange lines. I will check the website and let you know anything I might be interested. I

Video of the Van and some ideas.